• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

removing/suppressing orc weakness

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
In players guide to faerun there was daylight adaptation feat. It was designed to remove the weakness from drow so I don't remember if it can be used for orc by RAW.

eamon

Explorer
JonnyFive said:
are there any feats or items that suppress/remove an orcs light sensitivity?
thanks in advance.

My DM once allowed fancy "sun-glasses" for some measly price of less than 100gp. You could suggest it to your DM.

Dross

Explorer
Blackrat said:
In players guide to faerun there was daylight adaptation feat. It was designed to remove the weakness from drow so I don't remember if it can be used for orc by RAW.

Races of Faerun would have the Orc version, or a more general one for any appropriate race.

Lopke_Quasath

First Post
Races of Eberron (I forget the page number) has the 'noble savage' orcs.
They have special goggles. I can't remember the price, though it's rather cheap.

Eliminates the -1 to attack and no Daze/dazzled and instead replaces it with a -1 to Spot checks.

It's like the Inuit goggles. Very thin line creating narrow vision so reflected sunlight off the snow won't blind you. Same concept for the orcs.

Agamemnon

First Post
Blackrat said:

Daylight Adaptation was errataed. It's no longer a regional feat, and as it lacks a prerequisite, orcs are perfectly free to take it.

Remove ads