• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

renau1g's Red Hand of Doom - Beta

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=stonegod]
A middle-aged human comes up to the counter, she is well-toned and graceful, the scars on her face and hands show that she is no typical female. Her eyes open in mild surprise at seeing the Speaker, "Excuse my reaction, but I wasn't expecting to see you for at least another two weeks. I haven't got the mounts you requested yet, they're out right now. I've got a couple left over, but the merchants have taken most of them." the woman says, then stops and looks at you more closely as if considering something.

You begin your hypnotism spell and the woman falls completely under your spell. Looking at you with glazed over eyes she asks "Speaker Norro, I have a trio of horses ready for your service. Not my usual quality, but they'll get you around faster." and leads you around back.

There is a light warhorse and two heavy horses in the stable, which she offers to you and returns to the office.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=r1]"Norro" thanks her before retreating back to inn, taking a moment to become "Sascha" once again. He stables the horses before heading back to their room. He makes sure that the speaker is not around and only the rest of the group can hear him before he speaks.

OOC: stonegod feels bad, but Sohen probably doesn't.[/sblock]Sascha, arriving a bit late to the Inn, sees the returned group near their rooms. He looks to Yorgan on his way up. Looks like the Speaker arranged for us some horses he did. Fit as a butcher's dog, they be, one look'n good fer figth'n. Be a a taken my coins back.

Arabesu

"Excellent news Sascha! The Speaker must have anticipated our needs and had some provided. I do hope that he isn't expecting to deduct the cost of these animals out of our reward..." handing the coins back to Sascha and the others... "The two draft horses look like they might be good for pulling a large wagon. I was giving the ... 'nature'... of our friend Scavenger some consideration, and it occurred to me that while he might be shunned from directly riding, I doubt that a well trained horse would refrain from pulling him in a wagon. After all, such animals are used to collect 'the dead' all the time. Why would they shun him if he sat back away from them. Plus, I think it might be prudent to get some way to bring all this anticipated loot with us. Unless someone is carrying a dimensionally transcendental satchel of some kind."

OOC: If no one objects, Yorgan will buy some kind of FAST wagon or chariot out of his own personal funds. If we have to unhook the horses and leave it behind to make a quick get-away then so be it, but it might be nice to have a way of carting along the "new" PCs when they show up. Conrad and Scavenger can run alongside or ride, whichever they choose.

OOC: I don't want to prolong this. If he can't buy something fast in the morning after 1 hour of looking, then he will give up and mount up. I'm ready to go...

The next morning, when the mounts and wagon are ready, Yorgon exclaims, "Lets ride..."

Walking Dad

First Post
"Uhm, I actually own a transdimensional container, but the cart is nonethless a good idea." Scavenger responds.

[sblock=ooc]

Stats:
AC=20 Touch=13 Flat-Footed=19

Fort:+1 Refl:+3 Will:+4

HP: 48/48 Dmg Red: 2/bludgeoning and magic

Spells Per Day (Save DC 13 + spell level):
1st - 6/6
2nd - 5/5[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Yorgan gets up before the others in order to coordinate the attainment of the wagon. After only a few minutes of asking around he locates the town general store and procures the wagon at a cost of 40gp.

They mount it to the horses and begin the journey out of town, but before they can leave the town proper, Captain Sorrana approaches in a hurry, with a tall gaunt grey haired man in tow

"Before you go I remembered last night that there's an old hunter who knows the Witchwood better than any in the area. His name is Jorr and if you could get his help it would prove invaluable." she says, directing to a location that is only a few miles off the Dawn Way.

[sblock=Halford]

As you might guess that's your PC, again you were told about this group by your old acquantance Sertieren the Wise, Halfling Wizard in the area.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
The grey haired man waits for Captain Soranna to finish speaking, though the observant will notice that his foot taps impatiently as he does so. Once she is done he steps forward and speaks,

"Forgive me gentlemen, but it has come to my attention that you are intending to head for Vrath Keep. I am Father Byden Blaithe a traveling Priest of Mysta in particular, and Knowledge in general. It is my understanding that you encountered a Hobgoblin Priest of Tiamat - a fascinatingly unusual occurence to be sure. Assuming that this is in fact the case I have a proposal for you..."

The Father takes a moment to adjust his spectacles and, seemingly unconciously, smoothes his goatee to a point with his left finger and thumb.

"I am a practitioner of the divine arts, something akin to a divine magician - vulgarly referred to as an Archivist. As such I am required to scribe my spells - much as my arcane counterparts do. I propose that in exchange for my services, as both healer and combatant, you agree to provide me with an equal share of any financial gains accrued upon our journeys; and in additional, should it be feasible given the circumstances, you help me to acquire any of the aforementioned Clerics of Tiamat we come across so that I may compel them to help me further expand my prayer book. After they have so aided me you will of course be free to do with them as you will."

His finger and thumb again stroke his steel grey goatee as he thrusts his shoulders back, bony shoulder blades visible under a simple chainshirt.

"I assure you that I am more than competent at both the mending of flesh and its destruction - though I would deal such damage by way of magics rather than in melee."

He pauses again tilting his glasses down to peer over them and regarding the group miopically.

"What say you gentlemen, do we have an accord?"

[sblock=OOC]First off hello everybody. Byden is an Archivist who specializes in Healing and Summoning, both of which he can do spontaneously. I am not sure if he can heal Scavenger though, do inflict spells work on him or would it need to be repair damage? Either way Scavenger is oing to have to take care of himself for a little bit since Byden currently has no negative energy powers, something he will rectify at the first oppertunity now, but since he does not like making touch attacks it had previously made sense for him.

Hope its okay that I gave him the knowledge that the Hob was a Cleric of Tiamat, I checked back through and nobody explicitly told the townsfolk that I could see. So I am hopeing that in the conversation with the Speaker someone elaborated on the "religious fanatics" remark off stage or that Soranna would have allowed Byden to conduct his own interrogation via charm person, etc.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Scavenger just fixes his gaze on the newcomer. This isn't the time to lie, cheat or intimidate, so he lets the others speak for their group.
At last not an overly glorious do-good, by the sound of his words, he thinks.

[sblock=ooc]
Byden should be able to heal him; negatve energy works just fine, but with his touch, he can take care of himself between battles.

Stats:
AC=20 Touch=13 Flat-Footed=19

Fort:+1 Refl:+3 Will:+4

HP: 48/48 Dmg Red: 2/bludgeoning and magic

Spells Per Day (Save DC 13 + spell level):
1st - 6/6
2nd - 5/5[/sblock]

Remove ads