• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

renau1g's Red Hand of Doom

Rhun

First Post
Zazz chuckles and takes another slug of ale, finishing the mug. He waves at the barkeep. "If you've got anything more stout than that, it would do me right!" he calls. Then he turns to Scavenger. "Perhaps some sleep before we deal with this road block would be ideal. But I'm just itching to have another crack at these hobs! Call me crazy, but their is something about cutting down goblinoids that makes my bones tingle!"

renau1g

First Post
Hurrow, seeing the exhausted and hurt rider from afar, flies down and shapeshifts. Hearing her comments, the druid does his best to tend to her wounds.

[sblock=ooc]As we haven't slept yet, I'll expend as much healing as it takes.[/sblock]

The damage is easily taken care of, her wounds are less physical, and the weight of the hard travels on the roads have taken their toll.

"Apparently it is the name that the combined hobgoblin tribes of the region are now calling themselves. But the situation is worse than you know." Zazz takes another gulp of his ale. "The are are an army, at least several thousand strong, and plan to destroy the entire vale. We've been in multiple battles with them, and dealt them some setbacks. But they are still coming. The communities of the vale need to prepare for war."

"I'm on my way back to Brindol then" she mutters, draining what's left of her ale. "This news can't wait. Please pass along my message to the Speaker" the woman says, as she prepares to leave.

Scavenger, Hp: 66/66, AC: 20/13/19

"Yes, yes, what a tragedy. Are we supposed to run and destroy this road block or can we get just one undisturbed night." He asks in his cold voice, somehow managing to sound annoyed.

"I don't care what you do monster. For all I care you can go and jump in that river over there" she says, clearly annoyed at the tin man.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
A random tavern-person looks a bit scared by the news. He looks afrighted at the woman from Brindol. Are we to run to Brindol, then? Leave our town? Is the road open from 'ere to there?

Rhun

First Post
"A moment, before you leave," says Zazz. "Tell us exactly where this roadblock is...might be we will get a chance to do something about it. Also, if you could ask your masters in Brindol to send warning to the other nearby communities, it might help?"

renau1g

First Post
A random tavern-person looks a bit scared by the news. He looks afrighted at the woman from Brindol. Are we to run to Brindol, then? Leave our town? Is the road open from 'ere to there?

"Aye, it was as I just traveled it. If there is an army this size coming, you'd do best to come to Brindol. Our walls can hold them back" she replies.

[sblock=Sense Motive DC 12]
She's not 100% confident in the safety of the city, either one
[/sblock]

"A moment, before you leave," says Zazz. "Tell us exactly where this roadblock is...might be we will get a chance to do something about it. Also, if you could ask your masters in Brindol to send warning to the other nearby communities, it might help?"

She gives you directions along the Dawn Way to the trail. "I'll make sure the captain sends word out to the other communities." she says.

[sblock=ooc]
It is also on the map from the bugbear
[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
"It does have to do with hobgoblins. They are around here too? :):):):). The situation is much worse than we thought. My patrol and I were riding along old Rhest Trail. Five days ago we ran into a roadblock constructed, manned by hobgoblins and ogres, blocking the vale from the north. They were too strong for us and we were forced to retreat. My captain sent several of us riding to warn folks across the Vale to avoid the trail. So here I am. So what's this about a Red Hand?" she asks.

"How many would you say were there? I am ready to depart the moment duty calls."

Voadam

Legend

[sblock=ooc]
It is also on the map from the bugbear
[/sblock]

Sir Conrad pulls out his captured map.

"So we take the Dawn's Way to Talar then North to Witch Cross then Northwest on the Rhest Trail. How far up the trail is it past the river? Can you tell me anything of the lizardfolk population up there or who or what the Tower of Saarvith may be here out in the swamps west of the trail?"

renau1g

First Post
"Yeah that's right, probably about halfway up the trail. Ain't many lizardfolk left, been declining for years. More a myth to keep children out of the swamps. I ain't never heard of any towers in the swamp" the woman replies, then looks closer at the map you pulled out.

"Where did you get this map?' she asks, looking at the notations on it. "What does all this scratch say? she adds.

Rhun

First Post
"We took it off the leader of the hobgoblin vanguard," says Zazz, sipping at his new ale. "It is an overview of the Red Hand's battle plans. Judging from the force we've seen thus far, I think it would be best to evacuate the town...get these people to Brindol. You say it is better defended than Drellin's Ferry, yes?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Scavenger, Hp: 66/66, AC: 20/13/19

Scavenger just shrugs. Actually he could stay inside a river and let the army pass. He wasn't as fragile and in need of air as humanoids.

[sblock=ooc]

Stats:

Conditions:
- Undetectable Alignment 7h
- Disguised Item

AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 19
HP: 57/57 (6 HD) Dmg Red: 4/bludgeoning and magic
Fort:+2 Refl:+4 Will:+5, warforged and undead immunities

Spells Per Day (Save DC 13 + spell level):
1st - 6/6
2nd - 6/6
3rd - 5/5[/sblock]