• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Repost] Nevermore: d20 Dreamscape campaign setting: Looking for input.

jaldaen

First Post
Echoes said:
"Dream templates": excellent idea.

Crazy dream god: excellent idea.

On an unrelated point: how are you going to handle people who access the dreamscape from methods other than dreaming? Or will there be no other way to enter? I'm talking about spellcasting means or perhaps some sort of drug/trance-induced trip to the dreamscape. Would these people have full access to manipulation of the dreamscape?

Also totally unrelated: Anyone here see Richard Linklater's awesome movie "Waking Life?" It's deeply philosophical and about the boundaries between death/life/dreaming. Not necessarily fantasy-related at all, but great for the kind of surreal mood that one might try to evoke in a campaign involving the dreamscape. And the animation of the movie is wonderful, to boot!

Laters,
-John-

For those that enter the dreamworld via magic or portal or what have you... they will act as if they have the awakened template with the notable exception that they will take real damage. At least that's my concept thus far... Note: Otherwise characters drawn into the dreamscape by magic retain their otherwise template in the stead of gaining the awakened template.

I'll have to see if anyone I know has the movie... might be good to watch ;-)

-Joseph

jaldaen

First Post
Alright are there any other things I've missed discussing with you all that you think would be important to take a look at? If so let me know...

Thanks,
Joseph

Echoes

First Post
I can't think of anything in particular for the moment...I know I'd like to see what comes of everything. Hopefully you'll find some more questions to throw at us once you get deeper into the actual mechanics of creating the setting.

Hope everything turns out well!

Laters,
-John-

jaldaen

First Post
Echoes said:
I can't think of anything in particular for the moment...I know I'd like to see what comes of everything. Hopefully you'll find some more questions to throw at us once you get deeper into the actual mechanics of creating the setting.

Hope everything turns out well!

Laters,
-John-

I'm sure I will ;-) Again thanks to all of you who have participated in this discussion.

-Joseph

jaldaen

First Post
When I went to bed last night something struck and I though I'd toss it out there...

What do you all think of the mental abilities "enhancing" your physical actions in the dreamscape.

In other words: Your Intellegence bonus adds to you melee and other strength based skills abilities, wisdom does the same for dexterity and charisma for constitution?

This was just because I was thinking of how I have Charisma effecting hp so I thought why not do the same for Int and Wis... Anyway just wondering what people think of the idea. ;-)

-Joseph

Rune

Once A Fool
Now that I think about it, that's not a bad idea. That would indicate that most people would be generally better at physical tasks in the dream world (unless they have multiple low stats) and since they stack with the actual physical stats instead of superceding them, it doesn't give more weight to the spellcasters than the tanks.

jaldaen

First Post
Rune said:
Now that I think about it, that's not a bad idea. That would indicate that most people would be generally better at physical tasks in the dream world (unless they have multiple low stats) and since they stack with the actual physical stats instead of superceding them, it doesn't give more weight to the spellcasters than the tanks.

Glad you like the idea Rune... hopefully some others will chime in as well with their takes on the idea...

Oh btw I sent you a couple emails ;-)

Echoes

First Post
I agree with the bouses also--it makes up for the SR in the dreamworld that can lower the effectiveness of the spellcaster types. I think it should balance nicely, but I guess that we'll have to wait until playtesting to see how all of this actually works out. :-D

Laters,
-John-

jaldaen

First Post
Echoes said:
I agree with the bouses also--it makes up for the SR in the dreamworld that can lower the effectiveness of the spellcaster types. I think it should balance nicely, but I guess that we'll have to wait until playtesting to see how all of this actually works out. :-D

Laters,
-John-

Good to hear that you like the idea. I think I'll be keeping it then.

Now to get to writing this bad boy... ;-)

-Joseph

Remove ads