Reprints: What Else Do You Want?

Which of these reprint options do you want WotC to consider?

• Original Booklets

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Basic/Expert Sets

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Companion/Master Sets

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • D&D Rules Cyclopedia

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • More 1e reprints [hardcovers] (MM II, FF, UA, etc.)

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • 1e setting books/boxed sets

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • 2e core books (original or revised)

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • 2e setting books/boxed sets

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • 2e sourcebooks (Player's Option, Tome of Magic. etc.)

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Adventures (regardless of edition)

Votes: 48 54.5%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No Thank You

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Poll closed .

Argyle King

Legend
I know the OP said to leave out 3rd Edition, but I believe Red Hand of Doom should be reprinted. In my humble opinion, that was one of the best (if not thee best) adventures written in the modern era of D&D.

DMKastmaria

First Post
I'd like to see something like compilations of the best old Dragon articles. Like, all of Ed Greenwood's Realms stuff (Including the Nine Hells articles.)

I may be the only Old Schooler who doesn't personally care if they release PDF's of the old material, though I'd like to see them do so, for those that do care. POD would be nice for some things, but I'm enough of a collector that if I really want something, I'll get it on the second hand market. And again, I'd like to see them do so for others. And to pick up playing copies of a few really rare items, that I'd prefer not to use originals of at the table.

PDF's are useful at times, but I prefer hardcopies, by far and rarely bother with PDF's, anymore.

I'd like to see the original LBB's and supplements re-printed. Hell, they should just take a formal poll and reprint the top results.

delericho

Legend
The big "must-have" for me would be the Rules Cyclopedia.

The other guaranteed sale would be a big compendium of adventures (ideally, a mix of the 1st Ed and Basic classics; things like the Slavers modules, Isle of Dread, and the like). I probably wouldn't buy individuals modules; but a hardback compendium or boxed set...

And, although it would never happen, a reprint of the "Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide" for SWSE, please? It's the only one I don't have, and can't find at a decent price. Course, that's no more possible than a CD-ROM Dungeon archive...

francisca

I got dice older than you.
My List:

AD&D books: FF, MM2, D&D-G, UA, DM Screen (4+2 panel format)
OD&D: 3lbbs, Supp I-III, Geomorphs
B/X: Moldvay Basic and Cook Expert, the RC, B2, B4, X1, X2, X4, X5, and X10*
Greyhawk stuff: 83 boxed set, G and D series, A series, S series, WG4, WG5, C1, C2, T1-4

and I'd love to see 1e gamma world back.

*: as an aside, I think X4/5/10 would make a good adventure arc for 5e, with the redone X10 showcasing large-scale combat.....

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe I should have posted this in the D&D Legacy forum. :blush:

I think "Adventures (regardless of edition)" could also mean 4E adventures so posting this in the General forum was probably for the best to avoid excluding some folks from the discussion.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
A few years ago I bought all of the 2nd Ed. modules that my friends and I ran for nostalgia. So I really don't need any old books. But I would love it if they reprinted Ptolus. I don't prefer 3.x but that book is filled with such great stuff to mine that it'd be useful for any system.

zepherusbane

Explorer
I'd like a reproduction of the original booklets just because I've never seen them. I don't really care to pay a huge amount of money just for curiosity, as a collector I might eventually buy them.

I would hope that any reproduction would be very clearly a reproduction so as not to degrade the value of the originals.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
No Thank You.

I just want POD and pdf's of all books (all editions). I can do without targeted reprints. Though I did really like the idea of reprinting 1st edition to raise money for the Gygax Memorial.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A few years ago I bought all of the 2nd Ed. modules that my friends and I ran for nostalgia. So I really don't need any old books. But I would love it if they reprinted Ptolus. I don't prefer 3.x but that book is filled with such great stuff to mine that it'd be useful for any system.
Wouldn't it be cool if Ptolus could be released as an official 5e setting? With the caveat that Monte not lose control of it.

Remove ads