Level Up (A5E) Reputation and class abilities

In some ways they are--when you get up to 18th level, you get a what, +4, +5 to your Prestige Rating?
you start with a prestige rating of 1 (local), and get an additional +1 at levels 5 (total 2 - village), 11 (total 3 - town), and 17 (total 4 - city). marshals add half their proficiency bonus starting at level 6 (for a total of 7 - continent at level 18) and bards half at the same level, then their full proficiency bonus at 11th (for a total of 10 - multiverse at level 18).

there might be other ways classes pick up prestige bonuses that i'm forgetting, and narrators can give out prestige as a quest reward, AND you get bonus prestige from having an expensive enough stronghold (and by level 18, marshals are guaranteed to have a grade 5 stronghold, so their real prestige at level 18 is going to be at least a total of 9 - plane).

oh, yeah, there's also expert minstrel followers who can add half your proficiency bonus to your prestige rating, but i don't think that stacks with the marshal or bard (non-stronghold) prestige boosts, since they're all based on your proficiency bonus. if it DOES, a level 18 bard can have a prestige bonus of 13 (multiverse/pantheon audience) at level 18 if they have an expert minstrel bard and no stronghold or other prestige boosts. again, i don't think that'd work, though (not RAW, anyway).

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
In some ways they are--when you get up to 18th level, you get a what, +4, +5 to your Prestige Rating? In large part it's because of social abilities that the classes and archetypes have.

(That's my one issue with the 3pp classes--they don't have enough of the social aspect of play built into them in the same way the other classes tend to have.)
Agreed. But I thinknit would easy enough to correct. Probably make a good Gate Pass Gazette article.

Remove ads