• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Reputation and class abilities

In some ways they are--when you get up to 18th level, you get a what, +4, +5 to your Prestige Rating?
you start with a prestige rating of 1 (local), and get an additional +1 at levels 5 (total 2 - village), 11 (total 3 - town), and 17 (total 4 - city). marshals add half their proficiency bonus starting at level 6 (for a total of 7 - continent at level 18) and bards half at the same level, then their full proficiency bonus at 11th (for a total of 10 - multiverse at level 18).

there might be other ways classes pick up prestige bonuses that i'm forgetting, and narrators can give out prestige as a quest reward, AND you get bonus prestige from having an expensive enough stronghold (and by level 18, marshals are guaranteed to have a grade 5 stronghold, so their real prestige at level 18 is going to be at least a total of 9 - plane).

oh, yeah, there's also expert minstrel followers who can add half your proficiency bonus to your prestige rating, but i don't think that stacks with the marshal or bard (non-stronghold) prestige boosts, since they're all based on your proficiency bonus. if it DOES, a level 18 bard can have a prestige bonus of 13 (multiverse/pantheon audience) at level 18 if they have an expert minstrel bard and no stronghold or other prestige boosts. again, i don't think that'd work, though (not RAW, anyway).

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
In some ways they are--when you get up to 18th level, you get a what, +4, +5 to your Prestige Rating? In large part it's because of social abilities that the classes and archetypes have.

(That's my one issue with the 3pp classes--they don't have enough of the social aspect of play built into them in the same way the other classes tend to have.)
Agreed. But I thinknit would easy enough to correct. Probably make a good Gate Pass Gazette article.

Remove ads