• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Request: Flash Dice Roller

Praesul

First Post
Hey,

I have a request for you skilled Flash authors out there. I just recently got a new phone which has the capability to run Flash programs and I have been unable to find a simple Flash movie/animation or whatever they are called which provides a simple push-button dice rolling solution.

The phone has a touch screen, so I'm looking for something where I can just tap a simple button with a dice label (d4, d6, or something similar) and would provide a result in some format.

Has anyone seen something like this out there or would someone be willing to toss something simple together? Looks are not important, just simple functionality. I wouldn't really have the ability to enter text so that wouldn't even be a necessity for me. Just simple button>result stuff.

I hope someone is up to the task or that someone has found something that fits this bill.

Thanks in advance for any leads or solutions,
Praesul

P.S. - I downloaded LiveSwif (a free Flash movie/animation creator) but quickly learned that I was out of my league with the coding.

Crenshaw

First Post
If you have an iPhone there are several excellent die-rolling apps that you can load right on the thing. Shake the phone to roll the dice. Awesomeness.

Praesul

First Post
Unfortunately, I do not have an iPhone. I've heard great things about some of their applications and I even saw something that must be like one on an iPod Touch. That's what made me want something for my phone. I can't use iPhone apps, to my knowledge, but I do know I can use flash animations. Thus my perdickament and request.

Praesul

First Post
I don't think that one would work for two reasons. It seems to be just plain old HTML, which I suppose I could use from my phone's web capabilities, but I wouldn't be able to use it if I was out of my service area or in a proper gaming "dungeon" (i.e. the basement). Secondly, I'm looking for one where I can just touch a button for the various sized dice and get a result so it would be easy to operate with the phone's touch screen. All the little text boxes would make this one hard to operate.

The nice thing about flash movies/animations is that they use vector graphics so they can resize to fit whatever resolution is available. This html dice roller probably wouldn't fit very well on my phone's screen.

I do thank you for the suggestion though, this is the exact kind of assistance I was hoping I might get from fellow ENers.

Thanks!

Crenshaw

First Post
Man I can't find anything! Tons of apps for Windows and iPhone, and lots of things that are limited to d6's, but nothing in (portable) Flash. Sorry I can't help more.

Praesul

First Post
Yeah, that's about what happened to me too. That's why I can here asking if someone with the proper skills might dazzle us all with a simple creation of their own. Hopefully some willing soul out there will still see this and toss something together.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads