• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RERECRUITING] Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery

loxmyth

First Post
EDIT:

I'm looking for a few new players to round out the PC group in my homebrew D&D game with Fantasy Steampunk elements. The players are students in their last year of study at a prestigious university in the most powerful city in the civilized world.

The play style so far has been a lot of investigation and exploration, with a bit of combat mixed in.

I am looking for about 2 - 4 more 1st level characters. Most any character concept is welcome, but my only unbreakable rule is that they must be able to work with a group.

Thanks,

~loxmyth

---

OK, here goes. I’ve been interested in running a PBP game for a long while, and though the In Character forum seems full to capacity, I’d like to take the time now to jump into the fray.

I’m fairly new to DM’ing D&D, but I’ve always liked messing around with things. Therefore I’ll be running a homebrew fantasy with Steam-punk elements.

The campaign will be primarily an urban setting.

Additionally, each character will be a young college student in his or her last year of study. This means each PC should have a major and a title for their thesis.

Majors should be "fantasy-ish" - examples:
- Metaphysics,
- Schools of magic,
- Engineering

I’ll be looking for around 4-6 players.

Character creation guidelines:

28 point buy.
1st level.
Races: Any PHB
Classes: Any PHB, Any PsiHB

Any takers? If there is any interest, I'll provide more information.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
I shouldn't...
I Can't!
I.. I..

Stop Tempting me you people!! *Curls up into ball petting mouse* "It's ok mousie the bad PbP Forum won't get you..."

Krug

Newshound
I'd like to. :D

Linda Duxton, Enchantress from the school of Enchantment. She has the blood of Fey, she thinks, and the curiousity of a pixie.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
AHA!!!
:D:D:D

Have you seen FFG's Dragonstar?
They have the Mechanist...which is Perfect for a Gnome Tinkerer...which could EASILY be transfered from using Robotic Constructs to Clockwork/less advanced Ones.

I can post the Class if you like.

loxmyth

First Post
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
AHA!!!
:D:D:D

Have you seen FFG's Dragonstar?
They have the Mechanist...which is Perfect for a Gnome Tinkerer...which could EASILY be transfered from using Robotic Constructs to Clockwork/less advanced Ones.

I can post the Class if you like.

That would be great! I was thinking of adding a Mechanist class to the list of possible classes as a contrast to the more magical ones... I just wasn't sure how to go about doing it! Please post it if you can, and I'll take a look at it and see how viable it would be as part of the setting. Thanks!

loxmyth

First Post
Wow! I'm really surprised at the speed at which these games fill up! I guess I'll say that Argent's in, but I'll make that the cut off for now. Now I actually need to start putting together that info I promised!

Remove ads