RESTARTED - Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Campaign (tToEE) - PART III

Rhun

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] - Since being blind denies the enemy their Dex bonus to AC, Trevor should be apply sneak attack damage to his roll vrs blind opponents.

Scotley

Hero
Verdis says, "I have some alchemist's fire. Bring down the second and I'll roast them." He lobs a blast of eldritch power at the remaining troll he can see. His aim is dead on as he strikes the troll in the face with his blast.

OOC: Sickening Blast--Targets of the Eldritch Blast must make a DC16 Fort Save or become sickened (-2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks)

Last edited:

If other Trolls are on the way it will be wise to restore his stamina as the others crush the second Troll and plan to burn the unconscious one.

Lay on Hands - 6 hp.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign

OOC: [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] - Since being blind denies the enemy their Dex bonus to AC, Trevor should be apply sneak attack damage to his roll vrs blind opponents.
OOC: Ok, great, but I'm away from home without my books, so unless you tell me what sneak attack damage is, it'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow evening. Is it +2d6? Maybe just +1d6, or am I totally off base?

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Ok, great, but I'm away from home without my books, so unless you tell me what sneak attack damage is, it'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow evening. Is it +2d6? Maybe just +1d6, or am I totally off base?

OOC: Should be +2d6 for Trev...also, don't forget the Hypertext d20 SRD. I'd be worthless without it.

Rhun

First Post
edit: make that a coup de grace (full round action) on the troll - auto hit for crit, so 17 damage. Forgot that was an option. Usually the troll would need to make DC 27 Fort save or die, but I doubt that applies here.

OOC: I didn't see this, but coup de grace won't work to kill a troll (at least, not with a sword)...from regeneration:

A regenerating creature that has been rendered unconscious through nonlethal damage can be killed with a coup de grace. The attack cannot be of a type that automatically converts to nonlethal damage.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Combat, round 3

Seeing the trolls moving down the hall toward the group, Dara calls upon her sorcery and fills the hall with thick, sticky webbing.

The closest troll is caught fast in the spell. Another appears to be caught on the edge, but not as badly entangled as the first.

Kurt grunts as he sees Dara loose her spell and looks up to see the approaching trolls. "There be good work for you to be doing," he says to Ragnok. "But you'll be needing some fortification from Heironeous before you do," he adds as he steps forward and touches the dwarf as he mutters a brief prayer.

Trevor takes his tinderbox and sets troll #2's rags of clothing on fire. However, it isn't as easy as lighting a torch or other prepared surface. The sparks land upon the trolls rags and smolder, but it is going to take a few minutes to get them to catch this way...

Ragnok nods his thanks at Kurt, transfer his axe to his shield hand, and uses the free hand to pull a hand keg from where it hangs on his pack. "This 'ere be what yer needin', boy," says the dwarf to Trevor, as he begins to pour potent and foul-smelling troll spirits onto the downed troll. Another strike of Trevor's tinderbox and the alcohol flares up, starting the brute on fire.

Verdis fires off an eldritch bolt, which grazes the only visible troll.

It will be wise to set the web on fire once the other Trolls will try to pass through it. The champion says and moves to the nearest wall but far from the web so he will be able to unleash his mighty chain on ant Troll who comes out from that chain. (Move to AN84) He then pulls out a potion and drinks it to grow up his muscles. (bull's strength)

Round 2 complete.

Trevor & Kurt are up, please post actions.

Round 1
20 - Dara: Readied Action: Cast web
20 - Troll 3: Move; Reflex save 8 vrs DC 16 (fail)
18 - Troll 1:
14 - Trevor: Attempt to light Troll's clothing with tinderbox
13 - Kurt: 5' step, cast cure moderate wounds on Ragnok, healing 12
11 - Troll 6: Reflex save 18 vrs DC 16 (success)
08 - Troll 4: Move
07 - Ragnok: Draw handkeg, pour troll-spirits on downed troll
06 - Verdis: Eldritch blast vrs Troll 3 26 (hit), damage 8
06 - Troll 5: Move
03 - Zirat: Move to AN84, drink potion of bull's strength

PC Status
Ragnok 51/58
Zirat 52/57, BULL'S STRENGTH

Enemy Status
Troll 1 [BLINDEDr2, UNCONSCIOUS] -78
Troll 2 [BLINDED] -69
Troll 3 [ENTANGLED-Cannot Move] -9
Troll 6 [ENTANGLED-Can Move]

Attachments

• Temple Dungeons Level 4.xlsx
    12.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Legildur

First Post
Kurt grunts as he sees Dara loose her spell and looks up to see the approaching trolls. "There be good work for you to be doing," he says to Ragnok. "But you'll be needing some fortification from Heironeous before you do," he adds as he steps forward and touches the dwarf as he mutters a brief prayer.
[sblock=ooc]steps to AN87 and spontaneously casts Cure Moderate Wounds [dump Resist Energy][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign Ftr3, Rog3, HP44/44 AC22/FF18/T14, F+9,R+9,W+5

Trevor takes his tinderbox and sets troll #2's rags of clothing on fire.

[The rolls in this post are meaningless now :( ]

Last edited:

Remove ads