RESTARTED - Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Campaign (tToEE) - PART III

Legildur

First Post
Kurt strokes his goattee as he assesses the condition of his companions. While Coraine and Dara seem whole, they move with the lethargy born of exhaustion. Grasping a wand, the priest of Heironeous applies a curative touch or three to his friends.
ooc: uses 3 charges from Wand of Lesser Restoration - 2 on Coraine and 1 on Dara. I believe each charge cures 11 hit points.

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign, Human Rog2Ftr2,AC20/16/14,HP35/36,Lngswd+8,1-8+3, F+8,R+8,W+3

Trevor is greatly relieved that he will not have to continue exploring this very dangerous and hellish place right now! He shakes off his weariness and gets ready to head to Hommlett. "Good. I was just thinking that I could sure use a beer about now!"

Rhun

First Post
While the demon left behind nothing but ash and bits of char, the High Priest of the Fire Temple is resplendent in his finery. His fine silk robes had probably once been worth a tidy sum...now though, they are slashed, bloodied and scorched. His armor and weapon radiate magic, as does the scroll in a tube at his belt. His shield is of high quality, he carries a pouch full of coin, and the he wears a number of gold and garnet studded jewelry items.

The great fire altar in the temple's southern portion has six skulls and the symbol of elemental fire inlaid into it in pure gold; probably worth some coin, if someone is willing to defile the altar and pry the designs out of it.

After examing the cleric's items, Dara's detect magic spell leads her to the southern firepit, where the flames have dimished but the coals still glow cherry red. A small object radiates magic from where it lies in the pit...what had appeared to be a lump of coal when the High Priest threw it in the fire appears to actually be a large, emerald-cut, reddish-violet garnet up close. The gem must be close to two inches in length, and an inch across.

[sblock=For Dara/Thanee]
As Dara uses her spell to examine the gemstone lying in the bed of hot coals, she is nearly blinded by the overwhelming magical aura that is radiating from it. She has never discerned an aura even close to as powerful as that coming off of the garnet.
[/sblock]

Options: Press on ahead, search the rooms that you passed in pursuit of the Fire Priests, withdraw?

Loot Found
Fullplate +1 (2750)
Warhammer +1 (1312)
Heavy shield, masterwork (170)
Scroll, divine (raise dead)
15pp, 90gp, 37sp, 19cp
Gold chain belt (value 100gp)
Gold and ruby "8-pointed fire) amulet (value 525gp)
Gold and garnet ring (value 375gp)

Experience has been updated in the Rogue's Gallery thread.

PC status after the expenditure of 3 charges from the Wand of Lesser Vigor:

PC Status
Coraine 44/44, protection from fire (1 point)
Kurt 38/38
Dara 34/34
Ragnok 43/49
Trevor 35/36
Verdis 27/27

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign, Human Rog2Ftr2,AC20/16/14,HP35/36,+1Lngswd+8,1-8+3, F+8,R+8,W+3

"Kurt, my roguish nature impels me to find a way to get the gold from that altar! Is there some priestly prayer that you can intone to make it safe for me to pilfer it?"

OOC: is my Post Properly alliterative?

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Dara

Dara stops moving for a moment, after looking over a firepit in the southern parts of the room.

“Wow! I guess this must still be very hot,” she remarks. “That stone still radiates magic. Lots of magic. I wonder if it is still worth something.”

Last edited:

Legildur

First Post
Kurt examines the altar. "I have no way to consecrate this altar in any permanent way," he states. "It would take a more powerful priest than I to achieve that."
ooc: Kurt recalls his training to see if there is anything he can do to desecrate the altar in a more formal way. Relgion +7

"I say we explore the rest of the fire temple before returning to the village. While they are in dissarray, assuming any survive, is the time to do so. But we should be prepared to withdraw should circumstances prove unfavourable."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign, Human Rog2Ftr2,AC20/16/14,HP35/36,+1Lngswd+8,1-8+3, F+8,R+8,W+3

"I suppose that I must agree with you, Kurt: there'll likely not come a better time than the present to finish off what remains of the Fire Temple. And, Dara, there should be some tongs around here somewhere to fetch the jewel from the fire."

Rhun

First Post
The gemstone is still intact, and probably still valuable. It does not appear to have been affected by the heat of the firepit at all. With the power of the aura radiating from the gemstone, its maybe worth more than its weight in gold, though.

Rhun

First Post
Kurt doesn't know any particularly safe way to desecrate the altar that doesn' involve powerful magics. Curses or worse have been known to happen when tampering with sacred object of gods and demons.

Leif

Adventurer

"Well, Kurt, I would just offer to climb up on the altar and defecate on it, but..... all things considered, it'd be my luck that lightning would suddenly strike my hindparts, so I think I'll just hold it."

Remove ads