RESTARTED - Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Campaign (tToEE) - PART III

Legildur

First Post
"If any are concerned," says Kurt. "I could query Heironeous' agent as to our likely fate for an immediate course of action? Of course, as a divine being, the answer is not always immediately meaningful to us mortals."
ooc: could cast Augury if necessary. Casting time 1 minute.

Boddynock

First Post
Kurt examines the altar. "I have no way to consecrate this altar in any permanent way," he states. "It would take a more powerful priest than I to achieve that."
ooc: Kurt recalls his training to see if there is anything he can do to desecrate the altar in a more formal way. Relgion +7

"I say we explore the rest of the fire temple before returning to the village. While they are in dissarray, assuming any survive, is the time to do so. But we should be prepared to withdraw should circumstances prove unfavourable."

"Leave the altar. Time enough for us to smash it to the ground when we've finished with the rest of this place."

Ragnok searches for tongs and retrieves the gem Thanee is interested in. If he can't find tongs, he borrows the flaming sword from whoever has it and uses the blade to dig it out of the coals.

As he does so, he says over his shoulder, "Yes, let's strip the place bare. I'm going to need all the loot I can lay my hands on!"

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign, Human Rog2Ftr2,AC20/16/14,HP35/36,+1Lngswd+8,1-8+3, F+8,R+8,W+3

"I'm all for that, Ragnok! I always want lots more loot! That might be a very good idea, Kurt, you inquire of your God, and we'll continue looting." ;)

Thanee

First Post
Dara

“Good thinking, Ragnok,” Dara says, as he goes looking for the flaming sword.

“By the way, if noone else is going to use it, it might come in handy, especially once we get to the water cultists.”

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign, Human Rog2Ftr2,AC20/16/14,HP35/36,+1Lngswd+8,1-8+3, F+8,R+8,W+3

Trev looks at Dara with his typical, obtuse, clueless expression: "That's funny -- I thought water extinguished fire.

Thanee

First Post
Dara

“And fire evaporates water. It's just a matter of magnitudes. On the arcane level, it also works both ways.”

Leif

Adventurer

Trevor has learned, when he finds himself in a hole, to STOP DIGGING. Therefore, he keeps his silence in the face of the Sorceress's clearly superior knowledge and intellect. He just smiles and gathers more loot.

Rhun

First Post
Unable to find tongs, Ragnok uses the blade of the flaming sword they had found to flip the gemstone up out of the firepit. Retrieving it, he notes that is warm to the touch, but not hot as he would have expected from lying in the coals. It seems to pulse with a dim inner light as he examines it more closely.

[sblock=For Ragnok/Boddynock]
As Ragnok picks up the stone, he is overcome with a vision: He stands alone, wreathed in flames, with the gemstone in his hand...people flee before him, and Ragnok blasts them down with pillars of fire that he calls down from the sky. The village of Hommlet lies in flaming ruins around the dwarf, and dark, demonic forms rise behind him, giving chase to Ragnok's enemies!

The visions ends almost as suddenly as it began, leaving the dwarf a bit shaken. Oddly, the dwarf feels a strange affinity for the stone, and doesn't really want to let anyone else have it...
[/sblock]

Several minutes have passed since the end of the fight as you looked about the Fire Temple, looted its High Priest, and retrieved the gem. There is no sign of the human acolyte that escaped your harsh brand of justice. Perhaps he fled completely; or again, perhaps he is marshalling the remaining strength of the Fire Temple against you...

Alright, I take it we are done here in this chamber? Where to now?

---MAP POST---

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: The map won't open for me

Trevor says, "I'll follow whatever the will of the group is, but didn't we say something about going to Hommlett soon so Ragnok could have his Norryjar modified?

Remove ads