• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RESTARTED - Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Campaign (tToEE) - PART III

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Thanks for trying, Rhun. It's not a major deal, Trev really doesn't even WANT to see any more of this place than he has to! Anyway, it could easily be issues with my computer here at work. The thing has been going pretty screwy lately.

Thanee

First Post
Dara

“So it's not hot? Great, that will make carrying it a lot easier.”

“Let us search the other rooms here, the one we rushed through, especially. Then we can go on and secure the surroundings and get back to Hommlet afterwards.”

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign, Human Rog2Ftr2,AC20/16/14,HP35/36,+1Lngswd+8,1-8+3, F+8,R+8,W+3

"Just point me where you want me, Big Scary Warrior Lady, and I'll search up a storm for ya!"

[OOC: Presuming that Dara does so, Trev hastens with all conceivable alacrity to obey and satiate the Big Scary Warrior Lady. One search storm, coming up....]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Then he crosses back to where the knight is lying and, reaching down, heaves the young man to his feet. "And you tell me I'm stubborn?"

He grins, and claps him on the shoulder. "Nice going, hero!"
Corraine welcomes the assistance. The Shining One expects us to face evil fearlessly and without quarter. I am nothing if not a humble example. A wry smile lights his face when saying this.
"Yes, let's strip the place bare. I'm going to need all the loot I can lay my hands on!"
Corraine looks a bit stern a moment. Material wealth is shallow, friend dwarf, but what we take we rob from our enemies. It also aids us in our fight. Spoils are taken for the right reason; greed should not be one of them. He then runs his fingers over some of the fine rewards and smiles. Though the rewards are sometimes plentiful!
“Let us search the other rooms here, the one we rushed through, especially. Then we can go on and secure the surroundings and get back to Hommlet afterwards.”
The knight nods. Indeed. In our haste, we may have left behind that which our enemies might find needful. In addition, if we can gather any more intelligence on our foes, the better. Best we be quick, however, as we cannot foresee if any shall soon return.

OOC: Did we see any studies/bedrooms/libraries? If so, we should doubly check those. if not, we should look at the rooms off of BA78, AU83 and the hall down BE71 a least.

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign, Human Rog2Ftr2,AC20/16/14,HP35/36,+1Lngswd+8,1-8+3, F+8,R+8,W+3

Trevor makes ready to follow Coraine and Kurt.

Boddynock

First Post
“So it's not hot? Great, that will make carrying it a lot easier.”

"Yes."

"Yes, let's check all the rooms. We'll strip this temple bare."

With that, Ragnok strides from the room, Norryjar at the ready in case of trouble.

[sblock=Rhun]Whoops! :uhoh:

Ragnok slips the gem into a pocket in his cloak.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Verdis

Somewhat shaken from his encounter, but pleased with the treasure, Verdis takes his accustomed place at the rear of the group and checks his crossbow.

Rhun

First Post
Gathering the loot, you make your way back through the secret door, Trevor triggering the hidden catch so that it once again slides closed behind you. The corridor leading northwest out of the plush audience chamber disappears into darkness, and all is quiet from the direction.

You continue north, back in the antechamber where you originally engaged the Fire Priests in battle. You take a few minutes to check the doors to the right and left:

-----

The northeast chamber is some 8x20 feet in dimensions, and is nicely furnished. Tapestries are hung on the walls, and rugs cover the cold stone floor. A pair of oil lamps on wall sconces illuminate the room, and a small, smoking brazier gives off some heat. A pair of sleeping pallets with strawr-stuffed matresses rest in the northern portion of the chamber, a chest at the foot of each, and a couple of padded chairs and sidetables round out the furnishings. A thick tome lies open on one of the tables, and a few miscellaneous pieces of brass and copper dishware lie here and there.

A quick search of the chests reveal that they are full of clothing, mostly in the bright, warm colors of the Temple of Fire. One holds a small silver box containing a small bag of gold and a jeweled ring. The other contains nothing of value. Dara spends a moment examining the tome. It seems to be a treatise documenting many demons, devils and other strange beasts who thrive on fire.

-----

The northwest bedchamber is much more elegant and lavishly furnished. Again, plush tapestries cover the walls, and thick carpeting on the floor. Within the room is a large, comfortable bed with a down-stuffed mattress, two small sidetables, a round table with 4 paddded chairs, a stand with basin, ewer, and a smallish copper box, a wardrobe, a large, padlocked chest, and a brass brazier filled with brightly glowing coals giving off wisps of a sulphurous smelling incense.

The copper box is inlaid with sardonyx, and probably valuable, and is filled with a variety of different types of incense. The wardrobe is filled with more robes and other vestments of the Fire Temple, as well as a shield, suit of chainmail and mace of normal quality. Trevor works the lock on the chest, finding it filled with more clothing. After rummaging through the chest, though, he does find a bag of gold and silver coins.

-----

Loot Found
Silver box, worth 20gp
35 gps
Jeweled ring (silver and lapis), worth 85gp
Copper & sardonyx box, worth 75gp
Incense, worth 30gp
72gp
170sp

PC Status
Coraine 44/44, protection from fire (1 point)
Kurt 38/38
Dara 34/34
Ragnok 43/49
Trevor 35/36
Verdis 27/27

---MAP POST---

Leif

Adventurer

Trevor is very, very disappointed with the group's 'haul': "What a pitiful, paltry excuse for loot! I had not realized that we were plundering a bunch of paupers! Maybe we should be contributing to their alms boxes instead?"

Remove ads