Resurrection City 2: The Adventure of the Iron Knives

JimAde

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
"I do, matter o' fact," McCarthy says. He steps towards where Diggory stands and beckons the group. "This way, step over to me shop." He leads them out the front door, past the stinking entry arch to Miller's Court that Diggory knows very well, and into another building. He walks past shelves filled with rows and rows of candles of every size and color, and steps into a back room. In this room, he sits at a desk and looks through a drawer. After a few moments, he pulls out a small jar, and lays it on the desktop. "There. That be it. Says somethin' on it, but I can't be makin' heads nor tails of it. Mayhaps you educated men can."

The label on the jar reads 'Radix pedis diaboli'.
Macallistair exchanges a meaningful glance with those who were present at the opening of the sealed room. He shudders slightly and sits in a nearby chair, looking pale and a little unsteady.

[OOC: Trev REALLY didn't like that episode :) ]

Jarval

Explorer
"It's the latin name for what is know as the Devil's Foot root. A rather unpleasant substance, as the name suggests." Richard replies to McCarthy. He gives the man a thoughtful look.

"Would you or your neighbours have burnt any of the candles you made? The reason I ask is the Devil's Foot Root. It has powerful hallucinogenic effects, and could quite easily be responsible for the dreams you described."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Jarval said:
"Would you or your neighbours have burnt any of the candles you made? The reason I ask is the Devil's Foot Root. It has powerful hallucinogenic effects, and could quite easily be responsible for the dreams you described."
McCarthy shakes his head. "No. Yesset warned me 'bout that sorta thing, an' I don't sell those candles to anybody but those four."

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
"You're absolutely positive that ye've not sold it to anyone else by accident? No one's pilfered one of the candles or any of the powder? I'm not meaning to offend ye, Mr. McCarthy, we just have to be absolutely sure about this."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"The powder's been locked in m'desk 'ere, so no one's stolen that. I'm certain I 'aven't accidently sold any of the candles to anyone else, an' I always keep the candles here in this back room, an' I 'aven't 'ad any break-ins."

Jarval

Explorer
"Yes, it's reassuring to know the Devil's Foot hasn't gone too far afield." Richard says.

"Mr McCarthy, please be careful with that substance. I cannot stress how dangerous it can potentially be. We've had to deal with at least one man who rendered himself insane through abuse of it."

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
"It was not all that pleasing an experience, ye can be sure of that." Diggory looks over to Baron Walsingham. "I'm about set here, Mr. McCarthy, but I do appreciate the help ye've given us." Jamison offers a hand.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
McCarthy shakes the proferred hand and smiles. "Pleasure, Inspector, gen'lemen," he says, indicating the others. "'ope I was a 'elp to ye."

If that's everything, it's time to divvy up experience from this thread. Grand total comes out to 600 experience for each of ya. ShortAssassin's out for a few days, so if everyone else is done here, begin investigating The Breconshire Horrors in the new thread (address above)!

Last edited:

Remove ads