Resurrection City V: Hell Hath No Fury

JimAde

First Post
"Of course," Trevor says smiling. "These gentlemen are friends of mine. Doctor Hewitt and Inspector Jamison Diggory. Estimable gentlemen I assure you Freddie."

[OOC: Sorry for the lame intros. It's very late and I must sleep. :) ]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"And a good day to you," Townsend says, bowing to Diggory and Hewitt. "So how go things in London?" he inquires of all three of you. "Things here have been frightfully dull, I'm afraid. For the most part."

JimAde

First Post
"Glad to hear it," Trevor says. "We've had all the excitement we care for. Let's all get some refreshments and bring each other up to date."

[OOC: Sorry for my absence. I got hit with a nasty stomach flu and am just now recovered. Blech. ]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Lord Townsend nods. All four of you are seated in the parlor, swapping stories of times old and new. "As I say, Trevor, things have been dreadfully dull around here. Not interesting like I'm sure they are in London. Only interesting matter," he says, "is that there seems to be a thief about. Jukes' dog vanished a few days ago." Jukes is the groundskeeper, Trevor explains. "Some of the servants are bringing up the old curse supposedly put on your family by that witch all those years ago. Personally, I think it's just some young ruffians. Or maybe the dog even just ran away." An amused expression comes over his face. "All these halls of nobility have some hidden secret, don't they? You've got your curse, I've got my ghost, some people have their skulls or their hounds or what have you."

JimAde

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
Lord Townsend nods. All four of you are seated in the parlor, swapping stories of times old and new. "As I say, Trevor, things have been dreadfully dull around here. Not interesting like I'm sure they are in London. Only interesting matter," he says, "is that there seems to be a thief about. Jukes' dog vanished a few days ago." Jukes is the groundskeeper, Trevor explains. "Some of the servants are bringing up the old curse supposedly put on your family by that witch all those years ago.

Trevor rolls his eyes at this with a rueful smirk.
Andrew D. Gable said:
Personally, I think it's just some young ruffians. Or maybe the dog even just ran away." An amused expression comes over his face. "All these halls of nobility have some hidden secret, don't they? You've got your curse, I've got my ghost, some people have their skulls or their hounds or what have you."

Shaking his head, Trevor says, "Pity about the dog. I doubt he ran off, but anything might have happened. He could have been shot accidentally by someone hunting, or even run afoul of another dog." He takes a sip of his drink. "If there is foul play afoot, I want to get to the bottom of it, though. Anyone who would kill a dog for sport isn't someone I want around. I'll speak to Jukes later." He chuckles for a moment as he re-fills glasses. "Perhaps the Green Knight took him into his hunting pack." Pointing out the window he says to Diggory, "Supposedly the old boy's castle is right over that hill, somewhere. I never found it as a lad, though, look as I might."

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
"Green knight, eh? That's brilliant." Diggory samples his drink. "If ye do find out anything about the dog, I'd be happy to...handle any less reputable elements and help them reach an understanding about canine rights to liberty and such."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Here?" Townsend says. "I always knew the Green Knight's castle was supposed to be in Norfolk somewhere, but I'd no idea where. I'd never have guessed it was so close to our homes." He gazes out the window thoughtfully as he says this last. "So, Trevor, who is this Stemple character you've sent up our way?"

JimAde

First Post
Trevor smirks. "Willie's an acquaintance of mine from London. He was in a spot of trouble and I thought a little time in the country would be good for his health. He hasn't been causing problems has he?"

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Diggory says nothing, but listens carefully. He's always interested in tales and heresay about the criminal element.

Remove ads