Resurrection City V: Hell Hath No Fury

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Both Trevor and Diggory make out the form of an animal lying motionless in the grass. They dismount and approach cautiously. Lying before them is old Jukes' sheepdog, its fur matted and reddened by dried blood. There are a number of gruesome wounds on its sides. Blood oozes from its mouth.

Sorry about the shortness of the post: see the OOC.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
"Those bastards." Diggory approaches cautiously and takes a good look at the wounds, trying to see if he can guess at what caused them and how things happened.

OOC: Investigate check (+10), using 1 action point: 30 (27, plus 3). I need to hit at least DC 20 (base 15, +5 outdoors, +4 to +8 for other factors, see d20 Modern, p. 65).

JimAde

First Post
Trevor kneels next to the dog, visibly suppressing the urge to vomit. He gingerly moves some of the matted fur aside with his gloved hand to get a better look at the wounds.

[sblock]No real applicable skills, but I assume Trevor has hunted and knows the difference between gunshots and animal claw/bite marks. Can I tell which this might be?[/sblock]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Both:
[sblock]The dog appears to have been stabbed with some sort of tiny, thin implement.[/sblock]
Diggory:
[sblock]Around the corpse you see some tiny footprints.[/sblock]

Old Fezziwig

"It appears that he's been stabbed with something tiny and thin." Diggory pauses, and when he realizes that Walsingham's noticed the same thing, he shrugs. "Yer experiences hunting have served ye well. Ye'll also find this a touch interesting. We've got a series of wee footprints all about the dog." He gestures at the ground, pointing out the tracks. He reaches to his belt, checking for his knife. Once he's verified that it's there, he looks back to Trevor and then to the tracks. "Shall we follow?"

JimAde

First Post
Trevor bends close to the ground and examines the tracks. His eyes narrow in anger. "You know, I'm really getting tired of being pushed about by all this strangeness." He steps carefully away from the dog to the horses. He leads them to a nearby tree and wraps their reins around a branch. Returning to Diggory he says, "I wish I'd brought my revolver." He sighs. "All right, lead on."

Old Fezziwig

"A revolver?" He pulls out his revolver and hands it to Trevor, shrugging. "Old habit. Ye don't often get any time off in the Metropolitan."

JimAde

First Post
Trevor hands the gun back. "Thank you, but if we've only got the one, I'd rather you kept it. I've never been much use with the things, though it has come in handy once or twice."

[OOC: Trevor's not even proficient with them (-4 attack total, I think). I just got luck at the fair. :) ]

Remove ads