Retro Story Hour: (Contact's) Temple of Elemental Evil 2!

Morrow

First Post
(contact) said:
(sniff) He killed so . . . many . . . of my characters.

Yah, but he did it with such style and panache (or efficiency and brutality, if you prefer). I wish someone cared enough to kill my characters with such an unwavering sense of purpose.

Morrow

Barastrondo

First Post
(contact) said:
Maybe you should get a lackey to click the links for you, Wulf. ;) I was trying to be considerate of modem viewers, since the images are routinely 140k or so.

And don't think we don't appreciate it. Some of us live where you can't even get cable at all, so dial-up is what you take and you like it.

The illustrations are such a super-keen touch, too. Poor Ahlana... she looks so... sad. It actually makes me feel sorry for her, which is a consideration most elves getting shot in the back during dinnertime wouldn't get from me.

Last edited:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I arrived to the Eric Noah's boards by Summer 2000, but I wasn't a story hour addict by then (in fact, I began reading Nemmerle's and Wulf's stories...), so I missed this one... :(

So your new faithful reader has arrived, contact :)

Thorntangle

First Post
I have to pipe in and praise your artwork. My favorite so far is Pippin. Such a great look on his face and the style/setting/background is perfect.

edit: carrpy speeling

Last edited:

fett527

First Post
I have been told by Enkhidu that I must read this thread since I wan't around to read it the first time. I will be following and posting comments to that fashion. Pretty cool so far, SO MUCH DEATH!!!

Rackhir

Explorer
Ah, I just noticed this thread, you should mention this on the main Liberator's thread. I'm sure most of your readers for that would like to get the backstory, but it is nice to be reading it again. I can't wait til they get to the big battle at the end and Jespo's conversation w/t the celestial about his familiar. That's GOT to be worth a picture. The sketches are a very nice touch. I LOVED the first one with the halfling, they are rapidly rising on my list of least favorite races.

(contact)

Explorer
Barastrondo said:
Poor Ahlana... she looks so... sad. It actually makes me feel sorry for her, which is a consideration most elves getting shot in the back during dinnertime wouldn't get from me.

Yikes! :eek: You should change your name to Barbrawlastrondo! I'm glad to know that my drawing sparked some compassion in your otherwise cold and merciless heart.

Morrow-- don't worry. You'll find your Rat Bastard, I just know it (Cinderella theme music plays). Our DM for this is my "oldest and greatest" friend (to borrow a quote from Edena). From time to time we could hear him literally laughing to himself while he was planning for that evening's session! It was cliched to the point of being unbelievable, but then he'd spring something on us . . . ooh, lawd.

But I've always maintained that every single PC death could have been avoided if we'd made better descisions. That's the mark of a real RBDM (TM). They get your character, but leave you thinking it's your fault.

Kesh, Thorntangle, Samnell-- thank you for the kind words.

fett527, Horacio-- welcome. It gets better (or worse depending on your p.o.v).

Barastrondo

First Post
(contact) said:
I'm glad to know that my drawing sparked some compassion in your otherwise cold and merciless heart.

Well, I am a DM. (rimshot)

In all seriousness, though, thanks for taking the time to illustrate this story; heck, for reposting at all. It's great to see the characters (in their final moments, no less) as you guys saw them, without having to interrupt the story's pace with drawn-out physical descriptions. It adds that extra serving of pathos to the already teeming banquet of carnage and black humor.

Last edited:

Remove ads