• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Return to The Temple of Elemental Evil - (full, at the moment)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Nice, started stabbing them in the heads then. lol

My thing right now is I'm sticking close to the AD&D adventure, until I see how it fits with 5e. This could have easily been about half the number of zombies and still been tough.

EarlyBird

Explorer
So do you start a dice thread in the Talking the Talk or somewhere else?

Until I figure it out here goes....

Gwylla - acid splash #8 & #5-[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]
Rana - eldritch bolt #5 [roll3], [roll4]
Bekah - attack #9 [roll5], [roll6]

EarlyBird

Explorer
So I have found out lightning bolts don't bounce in 5th edition. Well we will need to change that. This old school module is set up with an encounter (or two), where the wizard wants to bounce his bolt.

New houserule - Lightning Bolts and other like attacks bounce off solid surfaces. So watch out.

As such I need the extra damage - [roll0] for the lightning breath.

hero4hire

Explorer
So I have found out lightning bolts don't bounce in 5th edition. Well we will need to change that. This old school module is set up with an encounter (or two), where the wizard wants to bounce his bolt.

New houserule - Lightning Bolts and other like attacks bounce off solid surfaces. So watch out.

As such I need the extra damage - [roll0] for the lightning breath.
So be careful of blowback I remember a player wayyyyy back in the day casting lightning bolt in a 10 by 10 room and killed the entire party when it bounced like 6 times.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Ouch! I remember our old wizard always cast the bolts above the enemy so they bounced at least back up from the ground.

As I said they game has encounters set up to use that old rule and so I want to keep it for those, and see what the group comes up with.

Remove ads