• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Return to The Temple of Elemental Evil - (full, at the moment)

industrygothica

Adventurer
So I have found out lightning bolts don't bounce in 5th edition. Well we will need to change that. This old school module is set up with an encounter (or two), where the wizard wants to bounce his bolt.

New houserule - Lightning Bolts and other like attacks bounce off solid surfaces. So watch out.

As such I need the extra damage - [roll0] for the lightning breath.

Eh.. sorry. I rolled the extra damage before I saw this post. Explain the rules of bouncing. How can a gauge wheres it's going to go? Might be able to use that to my advantage later.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Your breath weapon will still go 30' in a line. If before that it ends up striking a solid surface; wall, metal door, or stone tower etc.

It will bounce and continue till it goes 30' - So be on the lookout for times it can strike a foe twice (as it did to the zombies), and look out because if you and the zombies were 5' closer to that cell wall the bolt would have come and got you too.

It will be fun and the added utility will make for some great posts.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Your breath weapon will still go 30' in a line. If before that it ends up striking a solid surface; wall, metal door, or stone tower etc.

It will bounce and continue till it goes 30' - So be on the lookout for times it can strike a foe twice (as it did to the zombies), and look out because if you and the zombies were 5' closer to that cell wall the bolt would have come and got you too.

It will be fun and the added utility will make for some great posts.

Important note: it always bounces back regardless of the angle at which it hits? What about cones?

Zombie saves: you could make the save DC one harder for each time zombie drops as more and more of its body is destroyed. That is not as harsh as making them prone and yet gives some semblance of reason :)

Shayuri

First Post
That would only apply to lightning line effects, yeah? Call Lightning would have that issue, I expect, since the bolts fall from the sky.

Course, it doesn't work indoors in 5e, so it's not likely to be too big an issue. :)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Going to advance the round (for everyone save Emmyr, who will get to move some more if he wishes).

Zombie#8 CON save DC 10 [roll0]

Also Hexiros

-Inspiration? [X] Yes, [] No
-Second Wind? [] Available, [X] Used should be available used it right before the upstairs short rest.
-Breath Weapon? [] Available, [X]Used
- And Action Surge not listed here? Maybe somewhere else??

EarlyBird

Explorer
Templeton
Hexiros
Gwylla
Aridha
Rana
Bekah

Are all up. If you attack #9 please roll its CON save so people will know if it is still alive, before they take their turn.

Remove ads