Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Ferrix

Explorer
"Perhaps the best thing would be to check it out ourselves. Seems whatever people say they'll just be spouting the latest gossip from someone like our elf minstrel over at the Wench." If you could tell a bored Hedwan from an amused Hedwan you'd imagine by that statement that it was a bored Hedwan, but you're never sure what state the gnome really is in.

OOC: Thinking to keep this from slipping we might want to push on to some more involved actions

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: Good idea, but...

"I want to talk to a few more people first," says Jerrick. "Krog, pay for the drinks, would you?" He silently prays he doesn't have to remind Krog that he has no money himself, as his share of their last treasure went to an orphanage. He doesn't like to flout his piety, instead prefering to lead by example, and the last time he mentioned it in front of a crowd like this he'd lost them instantly to a chorus of jeers. "Hedewan, why don't you two find Tanya, and I'll meet you in the village square." He rises and heads out, but not before giving a "Have a good day," to the bartender in paticular and the bar in general. He heads out to find captain Elmo.

Last edited:

jpwic

First Post
"Is there anything you could tell me about that old moathouse? I have been hearing some odd rumors about that place." Tanya says while helping Yundi.

OOC sorry for not posting in a while, this week and last weeks has been really hectic for me and I won't be able to post after wednesday until monday morning.

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC Ferrix That's what Krog is trying to push since the beginning :)

Krog looks back at the Paladin and shout loudly "What is this, first you offer and then you ask me to pay

Krog grabs a few pieces from his pouch and throw them on the table. He then leaves the place without saying a word but visibely pissed off.

Jerrick:

It doesn't take too long, though talking with others and being directed around the town, to find the Captain. The middle aged man wears a comfortable, albeit old, looking set of armor with a simple helm. He gives you a careful look over and raises a greying eyebrow, "You're one of the newcomers around here, aren't you? Heard you got a little attention over at the Wench..."

Tanya:

Yundi shrugs as the work tending the grove comes to an end, "I don't know much about it. Home of some cult years ago, but just a beat up old ruin now. Every so often somebody claims there's activity, but there's never been anything to support that."

((Krog and Hedwan: You two going to go get Tanya?))

Ferrix

Explorer
Hedwan's laugh trickles out of the small frame, a sound like the tittering of shattered glass and laughing children, "don't be put off by our friend, Krog, he's just a bit too loose with his change purse is all. Let's find Tanya and make for the temple, unless you feel like creating some fun here that I'm pretty certain Jerrik would disapprove of." The gnome winks at the half-orc and then makes way to find Tanya.

DarkMaster

First Post
Krog, still mad shout at the gnome "Tell me something, is a gold piece or two, making such a difference for the children. This is the last time I pay for him.

Krog continue mumbling to himself and follows Hedwan

jpwic

First Post
"Hmm what type of cult was it? Were they into sacrifice and such?" Tanya asks as she finishes up.

OOC I'm away starting tommorow morning until sunday sometime, so if you need to NPC me thats no prob.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Jerrick sighs and looks heavenward, his mouth moving in a prayer. Krog had a good heart, but, well. Various phrases of the form "not the most [adjective] [noun] in the [location]" sprang to mind. Next time he would just ask Hedewan, or forgo the ale altogether.

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
He gives you a careful look over and raises a greying eyebrow, "You're one of the newcomers around here, aren't you? Heard you got a little attention over at the Wench..."

Jerrick extends his hand in greeting. "Jerrick Brewer, sir," he says respectfully. "And nothing too bad, I hope," he adds, diplomatically. "The lady behind the bar seemed to be having a bad day, and my companions, while," he hesitates for just a second, choosing the right phrase "good folk, don't always make the best first impression."

Krog and Hedwan:

It takes ten or so minutes of searching, but you eventually make it to the north edge of the town. Not far out along a small dirt path, you see a large collection of trees, which eventually come together to form a very interesting arch. Tanya had spoken of finding the grove, and this looks to be at least similar to a grove.

Tanya:

"I don't know much about the cult other than it was there, and now its gone," Yundi said with a shrug. He looked about to say something else, but then the wolf next to him turned back towards the path you'd been led down, with ears raised. Yundi paused, thought about this, then said, "I believe someone approaches."

Jerrick:

The Captain shakes your hand strongly, nodding at your comment about the Wench, "Aye, well she probably won't be around too much longer. Just too crass with people. Its best to ignore her if you can, it really is the best place in these parts," he paused, and his expression grew a bit more serious, "But I have a feelin you didn't come to find me to complain about the Wench. What is it you need?"

Remove ads