Review of the RPGA Reward "Tomb of Horrors"

Greyson

Explorer
How Long Has it Taken to Run?

Hey, all.

After casting resurrect thread, I wanted to ask how long it's taken folks to run Tomb of Horrors (the 4E DM reward version).

If you remember, and you ran it in the last year, let me know. I am going to run it beginning next week, and was curious.

Happy gaming.

DrOct

First Post
I imagine it will depend on the group but it may be somewhat slow going. I've been playing in a Tomb of Horrors game and so far we've had two sessions and haven't finished it up yet. Admittedly both times we got started fairly late, but we've probably played for a total of around 7 or 8 hours and haven't finished it up yet.

I'm not sure how much further we have to go, or how long we'll manage to survive, but our DM at the end of the last session estimated we had explored maybe a bit over a third or so of the actual tomb, though that doesn't necessarily mean we're only a third of the way to completion, there may be some dead ends and other such things that we either skipped or may be in the midst of at the moment.

I'd also add we had a bit of a short additional role playing outside of the tomb to resupply and such after we wound up outside of it at the end of the first session. That probably ate up an hour or and hour and half or so of our total play time.

Greyson

Explorer
Thanks

That's good feedback. Thanks, DrOct. I hope it's been fun. Do you guys make any in-character or campaign posts anywhere online?

Netherstorm

First Post

DrOct

First Post
That's good feedback. Thanks, DrOct. I hope it's been fun. Do you guys make any in-character or campaign posts anywhere online?

Sadly we haven't really. The DM has posted some thoughts though on his gaming blog: Half-Damaged

I'll have to encourage him to write a new post now that we've had a second session.

Last edited:

Remove ads