D&D 5E [RG] Leif's 5E Alpha Game

Riderpride81

First Post
Arminas Mithrandir - Wood Elf Ranger

[sblock="Primary Stats"]STR 12 (+1) DEX 17 (+3) CON 13 (+1) INT 10 (0) WIS 15 (+2) CHA 8 (-1)
Race: Male Wood Elf Class: Ranger Level: 1 XP: 0 Background: Outlander
Age: 124 Hair: Light Brown (long, straight) Eyes: Hazel Skin Color: Tan Height: 5'10" Weight: 135lbs. Alignment: Neutral Deity: Ehlonna
Hit Dice: D10 Hit Points: 11/11
Init: +3 (+3 DEX), AC: 16 (+4 Scale Mail, +2 DEX)
Speed: 35 (Wood Elf)
Proficiency Bonus: +2[/sblock]

[sblock="Skills & Proficiencies"]Chosen Proficiencies: Athletics, Stealth, Nature, Animal Handling, Perception, Survival. (Wood Elf gives Perception, Background gives Survival, 4 from Class)
STR: Athletics +3
DEX: Acrobatics +3, Stealth +5, Sleight of Hand: +3
INT: Arcana +0, History +0, Investigation +0, Nature +2, Religion +0
WIS: Animal Handling +4, Insight +2, Medicine +2, Perception +4, Survival +4
CHA: Deception -1, Intimidation -1, Performance -1, Persuasion -1

Simple & Martial Weapon Proficiencies, Light & Medium Armor Proficiency, Musical Instrument (background): Flute

Ranger Favored Enemy: Orc & Goblin (2 Humanoid)
Ranger Favored Terrain: Forest[/sblock]

[sblock="Features & Traits"]Darkvision - 60ft. Immune to magical sleep effects. Advantage on saves against Charm effects. Trance (4 hours of meditation = 8 hours sleep). Can Hide in wilderness even when lightly obscured. Languages Known: Common, Elvish, Orcish, Goblin, Sylvan[/sblock]

[sblock="Attacks"]Shortsword (Finesse) +5 (+3 Dex, +2 Proficiency) - 1d6+3 Piercing
Longbow (Range 150/600) +5 (+3 Dex, +2 Proficiency) - 1d8+3 Piercing[/sblock]

[sblock="Equipment & Currency"] GP: TBA
Backpack
Crowbar
Hammer
Pitons (Bag of 4) x10
Rations (1 Day) x10
Hempen Rope, 50ft.
Tinderbox
Torches x10
Waterskin
Shortsword x2
Longbow
Arrow x20
Scale Mail[/sblock]

[sblock="Personality Traits"]Personality: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry owlbear

Ideals: The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization

Bonds: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me

Flaws: Don’t expect me to save those who can’t save themselves. It is nature’s way that the strong thrive and the weak perish[/sblock]

[sblock="Character Background & History"]The life of a Ranger, a Strider, a Forestwalker, is not an easy one. The eldest son of Sulbess (mother) and Belegormen (father), brother to Morchon, Arminas grew up with his family within a small Elven community in a smaller forest, located on the outskirts of a village known for it's trade in farmed goods. The Elves didn't have much to trade with, but were able to hold their own, and trade protection services in exchange for medical supplies and stock for the bowyers and fletchers of the clan.

And that's when the War started, half a decade before Arminas came of age, when the Orc and Goblin invasions began. Pillaging, raiding, burning everything in their path in a conquest for domination. The village had nearly withstood the brunt of the attack, but the enemy numbers were too many, and soon, it was razed to the ground. The forests were next, and although the clan put up a valiant fight, they were vastly outnumbered. The clan was forced to take their remaining numbers and abandon, though many were killed, the clan still had enough to scrape by once another home had been found. Since their resettlement, the clan has fallen on hard times, trying to survive. That's when many like Arminas took up arms, and dedicated himself to the life of a Strider, to scout for potential new homes, allies and to hunt his enemies down, wherever they may be. Arminas' bow has throated a fair share of Orc and Goblin, gaining popularity as a mercenary, building his reputation and stock in order to restore his clan to its former glory. ((More to be added later once I see what Alizaar has come up with)) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Alizaar

First Post
Merick Soffshade - wood elf warlock

[sblock=" Primary stats"] Str 8(-1) Dex 12 (+1) Con 12(+1) Int 14 (+2 )Wis 14(+2) Cha 15(+2)
Race: Male Wood Elf Class: Warlock Level: 1 XP: 0 Background: Sage
Age: 128 Hair: Dark black (long, Tied back) Eyes: Green Skin Color: Tan Height: 5'8" Weight: 125lbs. Alignment: Neutral Good Deity: Other
Hit Dice: D8 Hit Points: 9/9
Init: +1 (+1 DEX), AC 13 (+12 Studded leather,+1 Dex)
Speed: 35 (Wood Elf)
Proficiency Bonus: +2[/sblock]
[sblock="Skills & Proficiencies"]
Chosen Proficiencies: Perception,Arcana,History,Investigation,Insight(Wood Elf gives Perception, Background gives STR: Athletics -1
DEX: Acrobatics +1, Stealth +1, Sleight of Hand: +1
INT: Arcana +4 History +4 Investigation +4 Nature +2, Religion +2
WIS: Animal Handling +2 Insight +4 Medicine +2, Perception +4, Survival +2
CHA: Deception +2, Intimidation +2 ,performance +2,Persuasion +2[/sblock]
[sblock="Features & Traits"]
Darkvision - 60ft. Immune to magical sleep effects. Advantage on saves against Charm effects. Trance (4 hours of meditation = 8 hours sleep). Can Hide in wilderness even when lightly obscured. Languages Known: Common, Elvish , Sylvan,Orcish. Otherwordly Patron,Pact magic.[/sblock]
[sblock="Attacks"]
Dagger (Finesse) +3 (+1Dex,+2 Proficiency)1d4 +1 pirecing
Shortbow (Range 80/320) Two handed +3 (+1 dex,+2 Proficiency) 1d6 Piercing[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells"]
Cantrips Known: 2 Spells Known:2 Spell slots:1 Slot level:1st Pact magic known :2
Pact magic spells: Faerie fire,sleep
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast,Blade ward
Spells : Armor of Agathys,Hex
spell save dc 12 (8+proficency bonus+cha mod
spell attack modifier=4 (proficency bonus+Cha)[/sblock]

[sblock="Equipent & Currency"]
Gp: TBA
Backpack
Arrows x20
Arcane Focus (Crystal on a chain around my neck)
book
Case,map or scroll
ink
inkpen
Ration(1day)x10
Studded leather [/sblock]

[sblock="Personality Traits"]
Personality: I'm willing to listen to every side of an arguement before I make my own judgement

Ideal: Knowledge. the path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge

Bond: i sold my soul for knowledge. i hope to do great deads to win it back.

Flaw: most people scream and run when they see a demon.I stop and take notes on its anatomy.[/sblock]

[sblock="Character background & history"]
I didn't always have these dreams. I was once a normal wood elf, hunting ,enjoying the forest and all its beauty as well as helping out my clan. Then the war broke out and the life I knew was ripped from me , like a child's innocence. They took my motherAdwin,the orcs laughing and playing with her until they ripped her throat out,basking in the blood. My father Driskul died protecting me and my brother Flick.After a period of time the clan had found a place of refuge,and that's when he came....He called himself Oberon (I would later find out he was an old one from the archfey).He told me he would show me a way to avenge my people and my parents,I only had to pledge myself to his side and I would become endowed with the powers of the old ones. When I awoke I had around my neck a deep green crystal.He comes to me still guiding me, teaching me. I have one goal in my life bring peace to my clan and to avenge my parents.to do that I must keep to my studies and take all that I learn to good use.I have a daunting task at hand but I see no other way.I still hold onto the teachings of my childhood.Since the dreams I have found that if I concentrate enough I can make things "happen". I have also self imposed myself the task of keeping the history of my people.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Radaceus

Adventurer
Xazervassen Frizzlefrazzen, Forest Gnome Wizard

[sblock="Stat Block"]

lvl-1 XP: 0 Alignment: CG
[sblock="Appearance"] Xazervassen.jpg
[/sblock]
Languages: Gnomish, Common, Elvish (from background)

Str 8 -1, Dex 14 +2, Con 14 +2, Int 17 +3, Wis 10, Cha 12 +1

HP-8 AC:12 Speed-25 Size-Small

Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Proficiency Bonus= +2
Spellcasting: Spell Attack Modifier= +5 Spell Save DC= 13

[sblock="Skills"]
Proficiencies: Arcana, History, Medicine, Religion, Herbalism Kit

Skill Check Modifiers:

Proficency BonusStat BonusTotal ModPassive Check
Acrobatics(Dex)
Animal_Handling(Wis)
Arcana(Int)
Athletics(Str)
Deception(Cha)
History(Int)
Insight(Wis)
Intimidation(Cha)
Investigation(Int)
Medicine(Wis)
Nature(Int)
Perception(Wis)
Performance(Cha)
Persuasion(Cha)
Religion(Int)
Sleight_of_Hand(Dex)
Stealth(Dex)
Survival(Wis)
+2
+2
+2
+2
+2
+3
+1
+3
+1
+3
+3
+1
+1
+3
+2
+2
+2
+5
+1
+5
+1
+5
+3
+1
+1
+5
+2
+2
0​
[/sblock]

[sblock="Racial Traits"]
Darkvision: 60'
Gnome Cunning: You have advantage on Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma saving throws against magic.
Natural Illusionist. You know the Minor Illusion cantrip. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it.
Speak with Small Beasts. Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas with Small or smaller beasts.
[/sblock]
[sblock="Inventory"]
Equipment:
Robes, Quarterstaff, Arcane focus- crystal, spellbook
[sblock="Scholar's pack"]Includes a backpack, a book of lore, a bottle of ink, an ink pen, 10 sheets of parchment, a little bag of sand, and a small knife[/sblock]
from background:
Scroll case stuffed full of my theoretical conclusions
winter blanket, common clothes,
[sblock="Herbalism Kit"]This kit contains a variety of instruments such as clippers, mortar and pestle, and pouches and vials used by herbalists to create remedies and potions. Proficiency with this kit lets you add your proficiency bonus to any ability checks you make to identify or apply herbs. Also, proficiency with this kit is required to create antitoxin and potions of healing.[/sblock]
Wealth: tbd, 4gp (5 from background)
[sblock=Expenditures] 1 gp on Robes[/sblock]
[sblock=encumbrance] Carrying capacity=120, Push, Drag, Lift=240
ItemwgtLocation
Robes
common clothes
Quartestaff
winter blanket
spellbook
Backpack
Book 'Elemental' Lore
Arcane Focus-Crystal
Scroll case- theories
Herbalism kit
4lbs
3lbs
4 lbs
3lbs
3 lbs
2lbs
5 lbs
1 lb
1 lb
3lb
Body
Body
Left hand
Back
Backpack
Back
Backpack
Pocket/hand
Backpack
Backpack
Ttl29 lbs
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[sblock="Class Traits"]
Ritual Casting:You can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don't need to have the spell prepared
[sblock="Arcane Recovery"]You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none o f the slots can be 6th level or higher.[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells"]
Cantrips (4 known)Spellbook
Fire bolt
Shocking Grasp
Blade Ward
Minor Illusion *
1st level
~Chromatic Orb

Detect Magic^
~Grease
Identify^
~Mage Armor
~Shield
^ denotes ritual spell, ~ denotes prepared(can prepare 4 spells per day)
*racial trait bonus (Natural Illusionist)

[/sblock]

[sblock="Background"]
HERMIT
Rejected by the wizard schools for 'outrageous claims and proclamations', I have persevered the slights of my peers with mild indifference, seeking knowledge where I can , but rarely am I allowed to study at the same place twice. I don't let other's ignorance become a loadstone of my existence. I've spent my time in solitary research and have decided it is time that I venture forth to find more evidence to support my conclusions.

Feature: Discovery-In my search for the source of magic, in it's purest sense, I stumbled upon an ancient form of arcane, a means to tap the elements, which I refer to as Elementalism, and classified it's diverse branches as Pyromancy, Geomancy, Aquamancy, and Aeromancy. My Thesis, with it's in depth contrast comparisons to mainstream arcane teachings, and the verisimilitude of my hypothetical notions to current dogma, has been an obsessive preoccupation. The Schools refuse to acknowledge the possibility of my quandary, citing my magical abilities are not evidence of elemental manifestation, due to variegated similarities, compounded by fluctuation of the weave whilst channeling the font. A day will come when I prove otherwise!

Background Traits:I'm oblivious to etiquette and social expectations. I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplation, becoming oblivious to my surroundings. Free Thinking. Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress. I'm still seeking the knowledge I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me. I’d risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
Rathalos Alegni

Stats:
STR 15 (+2) DEX 13 (+1) CON 14 (+2) INT 13 (+1) WIS 8 (-1) CHA 12 (+1)

Race: Male Tiefling Class: Fighter Level: 1 XP: 0 Background: Soldier
Age: 23 Hair: Black (long, wild) Eyes: Red Skin Color: Red Height: 6'2" Weight: 240lbs. Alignment: Neutral Good Deity: None
Hit Dice: D10
Hit Points: 12/12
Init: +3 (+3 DEX), AC: 19 (+6 Chain Mail, + 2 Shield, +1 Fighting Style)
Speed: 30'
Attack: Longsword: 1d8

Proficiency Bonus: +2
Proficiencies:
Survival, Perception, Intimidate, Athletics
STR: Athletics +4
DEX: Acrobatics +1, Stealth +1, Sleight of Hand +1
INT: Arcana +1, History +1, Investigation +1, Nature +1, Religion +1
WIS: Animal Handling -1, Insight -1, Medicine -1, Perception +1, Survival +1
CHA: Deception +1, Intimidation +3, Performance +1, Persuasion +1
Simple and Martial Weapon Proficiencies, Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor Proficiency, Shield Proficiency
Power Dice Gaming Set, Land Vehicles

Languages: Common, Infernal

Background : Soldier(Infantry)

Trait: I can stare down a Hellhound without flinching

Ideal: Independence. When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny.

Bond: Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.

Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle costing many lives, and I would do anything to keep that mistake a secret.

Character Background:
Having never met his parents, Rathalos always felt alone. Growing up with no one to care for, he joined the local army when he reached adulthood. His fellow soldier, a human named Osgood Varancie, saved him from a group of Orcs in his first battle. From that moment on he knew his duty was to protect his fellow man. Long after that a senior officer sent his squad on what seemed like a suicide mission. Having none of that, Rathalos convinced his fellow soldiers he could find a better way to succeed in their mission. Little did he know, the path he took them on led to a great ambush which he was the only survivor. Even his only friend Osgood perished. Not being able to bear the pain of it, Rathalos resigned from the army and spent much time drinking away his sorrows. Having run short on coin, and with few skills to speak of, he has begun looking for mercenary work.

Last edited:

Remove ads