• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RGA1 - Daylight Robbery (Salix? Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Paladin does a quick scan of the room to assess how many assailants are present to be dealt with and what obstacles there might be within the room itself to navigate around. He tries to move slowly into the room without alarming those within so that he could be in range to interpose himself between Ms. Green and any attack directed at her. He also keeps his sword hand visible and away from the hilt of his blade to instill a false sense of security in these villains, for he knows that Excalibur shall verily leap into his hand when the moment for it comes...

OOC: Please give me a more detailed description of the room and how many/where those within it are. If he can get within 5' of where Ms. Green is, he'll do so. Otherwise he will go as far towards her as he is able. I'll give you my initiative now, but I'm not attacking till I hear more of a layout of the room to gauge what my actions should be. Paladin's initiative roll (1d20+2=11)

Last edited:

rgordona

Explorer
IN LONDON

Ms Green has a small private office on the first floor of the Victorian building. A square room with a solid door in the centre of one wall, and a couple of sash windows in the facing wall. The end walls are blank, presumably leading to other offices.

Through the open door Paladin sees the same room he remembers from his last visit. There is a large desk in the centre of the room, about 10 feet away facing the door. A computer occupies one corner and the rest is covered with papers, files and general paraphernalia. It looks as though the man in the chair may have had to move a pile or two aside to make room for his feet and gun.

A couple of unoccupied visitors' chairs sit in front of the desk and a filing cabinet stands in the corner to Paladins left. Ms Green struggles to the right, presumably in the grip of an unseen assailant behind the door.

OOC - Paladin can only see one guy, but he is looking through a narrow doorway. If he wants to check the whole room he would have to go into the office and then turn around, potentially giving the guy behind the desk a free shot at his back.

Phoenix8008

First Post
ooc: Can I step just past the threshold of the door into the room and glance left and right to see what I can?

Last edited:

rgordona

Explorer
OOC - The door opens into the room to the right. Ms Green has been dragged off to the right, behind the door. Presumably there is someone hidden there. Once Paladin is past the door he will potentially have someone behind him. Other than the dead space behind the door, the discription covers the whole room.

(I am starting to wish I had drawn a map, but then I don't like the assumption that everything works in nice 5' units, or the I move to J6 mentality.)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Paladin strides into the room just far enough that the opened door is just behind him, along with (presumably) Ms. Green and her assailant behind him and on his right along with the desk being in front of him by only 5' or so now. He would prefer to be as close to Ms. Green as possible but to position himself between her and the gunman at the desk to block his line of fire towards her.

Striding forward, Paladin speaks to the man behind the desk, "Foul villains! You have already proven your lack of honor by assailing a Lady. State your names so that I might etch them upon your gravestones when I am finished with you." Paladin challenges as the heat of battle rises within him. With the next heartbeat though, he knows that jumping into mindless bloodshed is not the answer here. They must be reasoned with if possible, but if they will not be swayed by reason then we shall see... "Unless of course you explain yourselves, apologize to Lady Green, and leave without further trouble. This is the best offer you shall recieve this day. Thou would be well advised to heed and accept it..."

rgordona

Explorer
IN LEEDS

Velmont said:
"No, we havn't. To do so, we would need a warrant or your permission. As we want to keep that as discreet as possible, asking for a warrant would be too much noisy, most probably such request would reach our target ears." answers Sergeant. "Would you offer your help so we can catch our target and also prevent him to stole you your jewel?"
"Would it not be better just to tell the police?" Suggests Akbar nervously "I don't want to be robbed and if that would scare the thieves off it would be good, no? But if I agree to help what would I need to do. I don't want you scaring customers away."

IN LONDON

"Ok, keep your helmet on tin man. I'll apologise."
Smiles the man behind the desk. "Ms Green I am so sorry to have to barge in like this but as you were out we hoped you would not mind. Now if you could just provide us with the password for this computer and a few moments alone I really would appreciate it."

Paladin thinks the villain behind Ms Green looks very similar to the first man, but using only his peripheral vision it is difficult to be sure. Ms Green struggles wildly blocking Paladin's view further but she nearly gets away before her assailant tightens his grip. Her only response to the first intruder's offer is an expletive.

From behind the door another southern voice adds "Touch that sword and the lady will pay."

Velmont

First Post
"We havn't told the police yet, but we might do so if necessaery. But for now, as I told you, the head we want to reach might be well connected, and talking to the police might end just by warning him we are here, which would mean that he will prepare himself to meet some Supers, which could turns things ugly if a fight would happen. Better to let him think he will have no opposition for now.

And at the price he put on the item, I would be surprised he would be scared off. The first thing I would like, if you want, it is to have one of my collegue inspect the necklace, so we might idenitfy why a jewel could bring such interest."

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Is Ms. Green within Paladin's reach from where he is? If so, he stays still for this next part. Otherwise...

Paladin edges close enough to reach out slowly and stroke Ms. Green's cheek as he says, "It looks like they have control of this situation and I cannot take action without bringing harm to you, milady. So I must beg your forgiveness for letting you get in the middle of this situation...but I shall not leave her alone with the likes of you two for all the gold in Camelot."

rgordona

Explorer
IN LEEDS
"Ugly? Oh no we would not want that" Says Akbar nervously, but he smiles and starts to look a little relieved when Sergeant suggests taking a look at the necklace. "Well I don't think there is any harm in letting you look, although I can't think why anyone would want to steal it."

IN LONDON

The man behind the desk frowns at his companion or Ms Green its hard to tell which, "There's no need to be so rude." before turning back to Paladin "You must forgive my brother, he can be very uncouth. If you take a seat over by the filing cabinet I am sure we can get all this sorted out in no time. Oh and I did not mean time alone with Ms Green, what do you think we are, I meant time alone with her computer."

The man’s voice takes on an imploring tone as he focuses on the struggling woman "Now, Ms Green, the password please. I do not want you to come to harm.”
[Sblock=ooc]Control of Ms Green is with you so feel free to have her try and escape or meekly give up the password or whatever. (Those aren't decisions I want to make)[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"That's the first thing we need ot figure." tells Sergeant. He grabs his commlink. "Martin, can you come, I'll need your expertise."

Remove ads