RGA1 - Daylight Robbery (Salix? Judging)

rgordona

Explorer
OOC - I would continue but I think it has ground to a halt and is unlikely to restart without fresh blood. - Perhaps it is better to wrap it here. Perhaps I will try the adventure again some time in the future.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Try out, it might help me to restart Sergeant too. I must tell each time I look at that story, I have a lack of idea to what to do next. I can seldom have good idea, but they come generally from teh input of others. Alone, I seems to dry out of idea too quickly to my taste.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Alright, I'm going to Scry on Akbar and Lucy and see if they say or do anything interesting. Then I'm going to try to Scry on those people who trailed us in the car. If we still haven't found anything, I think it's time to check up on Paladin, so I'll Scry on him and see if we can't meet up and reconvene to analyse the evidence we have so far."

rgordona

Explorer
IN LEEDS
Magus begins to scry on Akbar's shop. Lucy is quickly back at work, if you can call it that, sitting behind her desk in the empty shop filing her nails and halfheartedly flicking through a magazine.

Akbar heads back into his workshop taking the necklace with him. The room is a cluttered mess with a long workbench covered in tools that Magus doesn't recognise, presumably they are used in the jewelry trade. There are a few pad-locked cabinets along one wall and a large safe in the corner.

Akbar checks his safe, flicks through a pile of papers on the desk and then seems to settle back to work, carefully soldering another link into the necklace. He seems somewhat distracted, not really settling into his task, and every few minutes he keeps looking behind him as though expecting to see someone there.

[sblock=ooc]I'll point out that the fact Martin only has +1 notice is going to make him seriously bad at spying on people, I suspect the above description was somewhat generous on my part.

I have assumed that Martin's speech was intended to be a forerunner of actions (even though the color indicates its direct speech). It would really help if you could give an idea of what characters actually do rather than just the powers they use. For example is Magus just standing on the street corner; is he sitting in the car, still parked up in the garage; or has the team retired to a hotel or Coffee shop for a bit more comfort?

Also I am a bit confused why you refer to martin as a sidekick especially given the mix of characters we have? (Although I can understand why taking the lead might not fit his personality.)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He is actually specifically a Sidekick, by which I mean a PL8 character (apparently, they are supposed to be Sidekicks, so I don't want Martin to take too much spotlight because of that--the real heroes (PL 10) in the group should be the real heroes.

I think we're back in the car)

*Having satisfied himself with Akbar and Lucy for now, he turns his attention to the people who trailed the group in the car chase, sitting in the back of the car and waiting for Sergeant to give him any new orders.*

"Akbar looks paranoid as if expecting someone to pop up from behind. That's probably just because we told him that criminals are after his necklace, but it could be because he's in on it, I guess. Shifting gears right now to our pursuers."

Salix

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: He is actually specifically a Sidekick, by which I mean a PL8 character (apparently, they are supposed to be Sidekicks, so I don't want Martin to take too much spotlight because of that--the real heroes (PL 10) in the group should be the real heroes.
[/color]

[sblock=ooc] Actually PL8 characters are full fledged heroes, just not quite as powerful as a PL10. Lot's of examples of this in the comics. Captain America is one of the weakest Avengers, and yet he is one of the main characters. Same for Batman and Green Arrow in DC. Sergeant is a PL8 character and he is/was one of the most dominant characters in the current game. [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Innnnteresting. I did a search for the word Sidekick, and it only comes up in the Discussion thread, not any of the official rules, but many people, including founding judges like Bront, do the describe the PL 8 character as a sidekick)

Velmont

First Post
"I would be surprise to see Akbar part of thsi robbery. I don't see how he could win more then he would lose to see his work stolen. But it worth to keep an eye on him. I think if the robbers knew when it would leave, it is because they knew when teh work would be done, which mean they might have a contact from the inside."

OOC: Looks at Sergeant. By himself, he can be beaten off by some minion (like some undead conjure by Relic), but if he is with a whole team of PL10, he can greatly raise teh efficiency of the group, as it is his main focus, to boost others.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't think it's Lucy. She's totally just doing the ditzy secretary thing."

(OOC: Yeah, Martin is more support too. I guess that means that if everyone else quits, we only have support left :eek:)

Remove ads