• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RGA1 - Daylight Robbery (Salix? Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If he agrees to have us take it to the buyer for safekeeping and gives it willingly, then it isn't stealing--I see no need to mention the specifics of how we're going to protect it to him and take the risk that someone else is spying, but you're right that the risk is low. Still, I figure why chance it. Either way though."

Velmont

First Post
"He probably have his own delivery system that work pretty fine. So why would he trust someone who come to him, except if we tell him we are Resolute, and then, what? Why would some Resolute do a courier job if it wasn't because of some danger. And who can tell for which othe reason he could decline that we do the delivery." explains Sergeant.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, we're not going to tell him we're Resolutes? In that case, he's not going to want us there to guard the transaction either if he doesn't know who we are. Were we just going to watch it from afar?"

Velmont

First Post
"We will tell him. What I am telling, it is if we don't tell him, he won't trust us, and if we tell him we are resolute and hide him too much detail, he will probably not accept our help. The strategy we will use will be decide later, once we have more infromations."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah, I get it. I guess that works. If we do use a decoy though, I suggest we tell Akbar that we are Resolutes and that we expect a possibility of trouble, so we will deliver it ourselves and deal with trouble if it comes up--in other words, a trap. Then, we do the switcheroo so that our bait for the trap isn't even the real jewel."

"We'll figure out more as we go along, but we should be careful of what we do once we're on the scene, particularly around Akbar's other helpers, who could be moles."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I'm afraid that I may be unable to continue with you all on this mission." Paladin states with some difficulty. "Though you may not understand or appreciate it, I fear that the lying and deception we would need to employ in this mission would stain my honor and force me to violate my Code. While it may seem trivial to some, I fear that my difficulties in the far past came from such violations and I do not intend to walk that path again..." Paladin finishes with a weary sigh as his eyes turn towards the floor.

Velmont

First Post
"If we have to confront the Super behind this plot, your arms might be more than useful. I've seen you on the Ziggurat, and you handle almost alone twelves revenant. But ti's true that in the first step of this mission, you might feel, less useful. I don't think anyone will force you to go against your Code. It is up to you."

VioletSamurai

First Post
"Since money is no object to our mysterious masterminds, they obviously don't want this piece for its monetary value. A one-of-a-kind custom job like this would be next to impossible to fence, wouldn't it? And it's not like anyone but the intended customer could wear or display it publicly. I gotta agree with Harry Potter Lovecraft here." Flux shakes a thumb at Magus. "The piece could has some useful-but-subtle scientific or magical properties. Or it's being used to smuggle something else equally valuable."

"We just plain need more information. We need full disclosure from 'Mr. Akbar' if we're gonna be able to do our jobs here. The who, the where, the when, the how, and particularly the what."

"And it just occured to me - why don't we just fit this thing with a couple of tracking devices, hope they'll stop looking after they find the first one, let the bad guys steal it, then follow them to their buyer and arrest the lot of 'em?"

[sblock="OOC: Clay"]Your nanobots do have metal components, right? I'm guessing they would have to, at least for the internal circuitry. Is the casing metal as well, or some new super-plastic? I totally have no intention of screwing with your character. I'm only asking a) so I know in case I can use my powers to help rather than hurt you, and b) with my Super-Senses, I should be able to tell.[/sblock]

[sblock="OOC: Paladin"]Are you planning on taking one of the open spots in Ionian Dreams that Rystil was talking about?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
VioletSamurai said:
[sblock="OOC: Paladin"]Are you planning on taking one of the open spots in Ionian Dreams that Rystil was talking about?[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC:Flux and everyone else too]Didn't even know about it. But I am considering how difficult playing this adventure in character as proposed would be. Nobody likes the D&D party paladin whining about not killing the goblins because they could be saved. Nobody wants to follow the nasty hard path when one simple white lie could clear the path with ease. It just sounded like it could make it hard for me to NOT make trouble for the rest of the party. I'm all for character development and RPing my character flaws, but when the whole mission is to be shady and stealthy and lie your way through if needed, you don't take someone who sticks out like a sore thumb and who wouldn't tell a lie to save his kingdom (or his teammates)!

If you all still want me here despite the difficulties it may generate, then I'll stay. If anyone would rather tread the easy road then I can take off with no hard feelings. Let me know.[/sblock]

Remove ads