• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RGA1 - Daylight Robbery (Salix? Judging)

Someone

Adventurer
VioletSamurai said:
[sblock="OOC: Clay"]Your nanobots do have metal components, right? I'm guessing they would have to, at least for the internal circuitry. Is the casing metal as well, or some new super-plastic? I totally have no intention of screwing with your character. I'm only asking a) so I know in case I can use my powers to help rather than hurt you, and b) with my Super-Senses, I should be able to tell.[/sblock]

[Sblock=ooc]After some thought, and subject to rgordona's thought on this, I don't think they are composed mostly of metal; the technological descriptor doesn't automatically imply metal, I described the nanobots as "can be built from a wide variety of materials" and if I were mostly metallic I'd have the Source flaw for regeneration.[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
VioletSamurai said:
"And it just occured to me - why don't we just fit this thing with a couple of tracking devices, hope they'll stop looking after they find the first one, let the bad guys steal it, then follow them to their buyer and arrest the lot of 'em?"

"I'm wondering if we have the authority to arrest anyone; I've never been in the situation to do so. In any case, looks like Magus can watch the thing from a distance, and if I'm not mistaken you can sense metal. But I prefer a decoy; if they get their hands on the real thing, it's possible that they may be as well as gone. Remember that rules don't apply since the comet came."

rgordona

Explorer
[Sblock=ooc]
Someone said:
After some thought, and subject to rgordona's thought on this, I don't think they are composed mostly of metal; the technological descriptor doesn't automatically imply metal, I described the nanobots as "can be built from a wide variety of materials" and if I were mostly metallic I'd have the Source flaw for regeneration.

I agree with this, no reason to think the nanobots are mostly metal. I guess they contain metal in the same way that there is iron in blood. (looking at Flux's supersenses they look pretty powerful because I would rule that a human contains enough metal and electricity to show up. (Not enough to start chucking them around with move object, but enough to detect.) So I would guess that Clay shows up similar to a human and is no easier to mess with.

It looks like I was wrong on the audio illusion it is the only/best way to create a sound mimic, however I would still say that it is not enough to create music. In the same way it is not enough to alow Clay to speak Russian. He could make a noise which sounds a bit like russian, (but so could anyone else) but any actual Russian speaker would know instantly it wasn't Russian. Basically if there is a skill which covers it you still need the skill
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
"I think we're ready to visit London."

ooc: We've made our plans, I don't know what else could we do at the briefing room.

VioletSamurai

First Post
rgordona said:
[Sblock=ooc]...looking at Flux's supersenses they look pretty powerful because I would rule that a human contains enough metal and electricity to show up. (Not enough to start chucking them around with move object, but enough to detect.[/sblock]

[sblock="OOC"]I would really prefer if you didn't rule this way. Detecting biological organisms is way, way beyond the intended scope of this power. She's supposed to be able to see electricity, magnetic fields, and metal, even if it's dark or hiding behind a wall, but that's it.[/sblock]

VioletSamurai

First Post
Someone said:
"I think we're ready to visit London."

ooc: We've made our plans, I don't know what else could we do at the briefing room.

"Sounds like it. I'm ready when you guys are."

[sblock="OOC"]Sorry about the delay - I don't have net access at home right now, so I have to travel to the nearest library, and that was impossible over Memorial Day weekend.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Let's go to the jet. Anywya, if you have something to add, we will have a few hours to wait before reaching London. nothing compare to commercial flight, but enough to discuss."

Salix

First Post
OOC: Sorry to have missed the early part of this adventure. I was away for a week's vacation with my wife.
[sblock= rgordona]
1. Do you still want me to look up the auditory illusion question and give advice, or have you decided?
2. I agree that it doesn't seem like the nanites would have to be metal. Here is a wikipedia article I dug up on the matter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanorobotics
3. In terms of Flux detecting biological entities, I would agree with VioletSamarai, especially since that falls outside the character concept.
4. This mission looks pretty good so far. You doing a real nice job, but I'll try to follow along more closely. Feel free to email me at cliff351atyahoo.com if I'm not responsive enough. [/sblock]

rgordona

Explorer
OOC - Sorry all for being slow. I have been laid up over bank holiday weekend and did not feel strong enough to get out of bed let alone turn the computer on.

Just to confirm you want to fly to London?

There is at least one other question I was expecting to be asked. I have a feeling that it may be vital so I am trying to work out the best way to feed the information. (expect a proper post shortly.)

[sblock=Salix et al]
Salix said:
OOC: Sorry to have missed the early part of this adventure. I was away for a week's vacation with my wife.

1. Do you still want me to look up the auditory illusion question and give advice, or have you decided?
2. I agree that it doesn't seem like the nanites would have to be metal. Here is a wikipedia article I dug up on the matter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanorobotics
3. In terms of Flux detecting biological entities, I would agree with VioletSamarai, especially since that falls outside the character concept.
4. This mission looks pretty good so far. You doing a real nice job, but I'll try to follow along more closely. Feel free to email me at cliff351atyahoo.com if I'm not responsive enough.

0. I hope the vacation went well. Welcome back.
1. I think we/I decided.
2. I agree
3. I agree (Changed my mind on that one but it seems well within bounds for a hero point)
4. Thanks. I will, especially if I think it is urgent.
[/sblock]

Remove ads