Rhun's Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - IC Thread

Voidrazor

First Post
When Abel starts praying and heading for the gate, Helios perks up and makes a face like he's going to say "ooh!". He doesn't actually say "ooh!". Instead he reaches behind his back and pulls a wand from his belt. Pointing it at the cleric, he says, "Biggai." Whereupon magical energies infuse the holy man, (presumably) causing him to double in height.

OOC - Uses wand of Enlarge Person on Abel.

Rhun

First Post
As Abel finds himself standing some twelve feet high now thanks to Helios' magic, Zeddicus charges forward and runs right up the side of one of the pillars. Somehow, he even manages to cling to the outside of the shuttered window, grasping the top of the sturdy bamboo shutter, and wedging his foot into a small lip at the bottom.

Abel and Sandor grab hold of the gate and begin trying to force it open. Before they can make any headway, though, a grinding noise is heard from above, and huge chunks of rocks and boulders suddenly begin to fall upon the area before the gate. Helios, Seril and Talshia can only stand and watch as their companions go down under a ton of rocks. As the dust settles, the companions are astounded to see Abel and Sandor struggling to their feet, bruised and bloodied by the cascade of rocks and somewhat disoriented, but miraculously still alive.

Unfortunately, there is precious little time to be thankful, as the shutters in the pillars swing open, revealing strange looking goblinoid faces and the bows that they are now aiming at you. Zeddicus continues to cling to one of the shutters as it swings open, his back smacking into the stone of the pillar as the shutter comes to a rest in its open position.

Abel Spot 16 vrs DC20, Sandor Spot 15 vrs DC20 (technically would require search, but I gave a spot check to notice anything out of the ordinary here).
Trap vrs Abel attack 34 (success), Damage vrs Abel 25 points
Trap vrs Sandorl attack 25 (success), Damage vrs Sandor 22 points

PC Condition Summary
Abel 12/37
Sandor 16/38
Zeddicus 30/38

dog45

First Post
Zeddicus grunts as his back hits the pillar. Clinging on, the sees the bows and arrows through cracks in the shutters. Taking a deep breath, he plants his feet on the pillar and lets go of the shutter. Taking a step down, the flings the shutter he was hanging onto back into the window and walks past it towards the open part of the window, drawing his sword as he moves. Reaching the ledge, he walks up on it and drops inside the now open window amid the goblin archers.

[sblock=ooc]big rocks. ouch. I assume there isn't some kind of iron bars over the window or anything that would stop him from walking in it.[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
Helios armpits the wand he was holding and grabs another, immediately yelling its command word, "Psike!" An incredibly thick wall of fog appears suddenly, completely blocking vision along the upper half of the chamber from the outside edge of one pillar to the other.

"The fog's just an illusion", the mage announces loudly in elven and then repeats in hushed draconic.

OOC- Uses wand of Silent Image to create the fog.

Rhun

First Post
Shayuri said:
(what's the range to the goblins, and is the aparture large enough to get a line of effect through?)

OOC: About thirty feet from where you are standing. The apeture is a couple feet wide, providing the goblinoids with 75% cover.

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
"To cover," Seril snapped out, as he snapped up his bow and shot a single arrow at a goblin, and then made a break for the boulders.

OOC: Firing one shot at the closest globl, then moving to use the fallen boulders as cover.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Waiting on IG and KS...if I haven't seen them post by tomorrow morning, I will update the thread then. :D

industrygothica

Adventurer
Abel follows Seril's lead in finding cover in the fallen boulders, still shaken from their collapse. When he feels he's safe from missile fire, he draws his healing wand and uses it on himself, and Sandor too if he's still in range.

Rhun

First Post
Combat, round 1

"To cover," Seril snapped out, as he snapped up his bow and shot a single arrow at a goblin, and then made a break for the boulders. The arrow flies straight, but strikes the edge of the window in which the goblinoid stands.

At Seril's yell, Talshia breaks for cover, hunkering down behind one of the larger chunks of rock.

Arrows begin to rain down on the party at this point, two of them grazing Helios, but the wounds are minor.

Helios armpits the wand he was holding and grabs another, immediately yelling its command word, "Psike!" An incredibly thick wall of fog appears suddenly, completely blocking vision along the upper half of the chamber from the outside edge of one pillar to the other. "The fog's just an illusion", the mage announces loudly in elven and then repeats in hushed draconic.

Arrows continue to fly, but the goblinoids are having trouble targeting you through the newly formed fog.

Abel follows Seril's lead in finding cover in the fallen boulders, still shaken from their collapse. When he feels he's safe from missile fire, he draws his healing wand and uses it on himself, and Sandor too if he's still in range.
Sandor follows Abel's lead, finding cover next to the priest.

Zeddicus grunts as his back hits the pillar. Clinging on, the sees the bows and arrows through cracks in the shutters. Taking a deep breath, he plants his feet on the pillar and lets go of the shutter. Taking a step down, the flings the shutter he was hanging onto back into the window and walks past it towards the open part of the window, drawing his sword as he moves. Reaching the ledge, he walks up on it and drops inside the now open window amid the goblin archers. He drops down in front of the two furry goblinoids at this window, striking with his blade as he does so and sending one of them sprawling to the ground in a pool of blood.

OOC: I broke up the enemies initiatives into groups, simple because it makes it easier on me. I hope nobody minds. G1-4 are in the left tower, G5-8 in the right tower.

Also, my apologies to Shayuri and Kobold Stew, but I wasn't sure what actions you wanted your PCs to take.

Initiative Count
Seril 23, attack vrs G5 18 (failure - cover)
Talshia 20, seeks cover
G5 16, attack vrs Helios 17 (success), damage 1
G6 16, attack vrs Sandor 17 (failure)
G7 16, attack vrs Helios18 (success), damage 1
G8 16, attack vrs Sandor 8 (failure)
Helios 15, uses Wand of Silent Image
G1 13, attack vrs Abel 17 (failure), no need to roll miss chance
G2 13, attack vrs Sandor 14 (failure), no need to roll miss chance
G3 13, attack vrs Abel 22 (success), miss chance 18% (misses)
G4 13, attack vrs Helios 10 (failure), no need to roll miss chance
Abel 11, seeks cover, uses Wand of Cure Light Wounds on self. Cures 9 pts.
Sandor 11, seeks cover
Zeddicus 4, attack vrs G1 16 (success), damage 10 (drops G1)

PC Status
Helios 29/31
Abel 21/37
Sandor 16/38
Zeddicus 30/38

[sblock=Opponent Status - Players Do Not Look Within]
G1 -6, dying
[/sblock]

Remove ads