Rhun's Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - IC Thread

Rhun

First Post
From this distance, and in the poor lighting, it is hard to make out just what the beings on the ledge above are. They appear to be between three and four feet in hieght, with sinewy builds. Even as you are watching, the spot you, silhouetted as you are by your own light. Upon seeing you, they quickly grab bows and begin knocking arrows...

Initiative! And I guess I should have asked: Do you guys want to roll using invisible caster, or do you want me to handle dice rolls?

dog45

First Post
Trying to close the distance between the archers on the cliff and the party, Zeddicus begins hustling up the path, taking a moment to manifest Skate on himself.

ooc: Rolling dice doesn't matter to me. I'm fine with either IC or you rolling them.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC:
you do the rolling, I suggest. It means things don't get held up. Our time is so tight as it is!

IC:

Sandor is no good at range, and these cliffs impede a direct attack. He dives into the pool, in hopes that his sudden action will attract some fire, and at least split the attention of the archers. He stays near the surface, so that he can be seen from above, but is moving and dodging in the water. for now he avoids the disturbance where the water cascades into the pool.

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: I agree, best you handle the rolling

Battle was upon them. Enemies above. Seril adopted the Flowing Wind stance as he had trained and half closed his eyes. Focus on the arrow and nothing more. Your bow is the extension of your will, your ability to manipulate the world. His hands blurred as he aimed at shot the arrow he held ready, and then, quickly, pulled another from his quiver and let it fly.

Attacks: Making a full attack action with rapid shot, and firing both arrows at the closest figure.

Voidrazor

First Post
Helios shakes his head. Closely grouped at a great distance. Heh, sucks to be them. The fire mage gestures and incants again. This time the motions and syllables are considerably more complex but also more rapid, as if they came as second nature. As the spell is completed, a glowing white-hot bead arcs toward the figures on the cliff. While its still in the air, Helios scampers in a crouch directly behind Seril.

[sblock=OOC]Casts Fireball DC 20 CL 8. Then more action to directly behind Seril.

I don't mind invisible castle but I think things will flow better if you do the rolls.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Before any of you can react, two of the creatures with the bows fire upon you from their vantage point above. The first arrow strikes Zeddicus, its red feathered shaft piercing armor and flesh as it lodges deeply in the man's shoulder. As the pain of the initial strike subsides, Zedd feels the wound burning as he recognizes the insidious affect of poison entering his blood. Still, he manages to push aside the initial disorientation associated with the poison.

The second arrow goes wide, as the excited little humanoid releases his grip before taking the proper aim upon his target.

Seril adopted the Flowing Wind stance as he had trained and half closed his eyes. Focus on the arrow and nothing more. Your bow is the extension of your will, your ability to manipulate the world. His hands blurred as he aimed at shot the arrow he held ready, and then, quickly, pulled another from his quiver and let it fly. Unfortunately, the first arrow seems to deflect harmlessly of the creature's hide, while the humanoid dodges nimbly out of the way of the second arrow.

Helios shakes his head. Closely grouped at a great distance. Heh, sucks to be them. The fire mage gestures and incants again. This time the motions and syllables are considerably more complex but also more rapid, as if they came as second nature. As the spell is completed, a glowing white-hot bead arcs toward the figures on the cliff. While its still in the air, Helios scampers in a crouch directly behind Seril. The white-hot bead explodes with a deep bass rumble, and the ledge and surrounding area are engulfed in flames. The bodies of the small humanoids above are hurled about like ragdolls, and after a few moments all that is left is some smoke and the sound of the waterfall splashing into the pool.

FYI, I will provide battlemaps at times, but obviously it wasn't needed here.

Initiative Count
Bow Wielding Humanoid 1: 21, 24 vrs Zedd (threat), confirm crit 21 (success), damage 8.
Bow Wielding Humanoid 4: 21, "1" vrs Talshia
Seril: 20, 15 vrs humanoid 3 (miss), 13 vrs humanoid 3 (miss)
Helios: 19, cast fireball
Zeddicus: 18, Fort Save 26 (success),
Talshia: 16
Bow Wielding Humanoid 3: 14
Abel: 13
Sandor: 7
Wolf: 6
Bow Wielding Humanoid 2: 4

PC Status
Zeddicus: 30/38, facing saving throw vrs. secondary damage from poison in 10 rounds

200 experience points each

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC:

[Sandor's clever plan of causing a distraction when he gathered enough of his wits worked perfectly!]

IC:

"Well, we've introduced ourselves."

Sandor bares his teeth in what may be a smile when he sees the explosion caused by Helios' magic. Did any bodies fall over the cliff? If so he will dive in and get one [His instincts were to dive anyway] -- this way, at least, they will have a sense of who their opponents are.

If none fell to the lower pool [or, after he has fetched a corpse... mmm! barbecue!], he will examine one of the arrows, perhaps the one that is in Zeddicus.

If he notices the poison [or, in 10 rounds, notices its effects, he will see if he can identify it. Then he will take a dose of anitoxin.

dog45

First Post
Leaning against the wall to avoid the debris from the explosion above, Zeddicus works the arrow out from his shoulder. "I think...I think I've been poisoned." He toses the arrow to Sandor. "Anything you recognize? And perhaps may I have some of that tonic, unless you've a poison curative?"

Rhun

First Post
Sandor retrieves one of the corpses that had been blown over the ledge and into the pool. Much to his surprise, the charred body appears to be reptilian. It has an appearance very similar to his own, but obviously quite a bit smaller in size.

With the aid of Sandor's antitoxin, Zeddicus succeeds in successfully fighting off the lingering effects of the poison. After examining the poison, Sandor believes that it is the poison of a giant wasp.

Voidrazor

First Post
Helios grins from ear to ear and brushes his hands against each other dislogding sulphu residue. "If only those arrogant bastards at the guild could see me now."

"So, shall we head up the path?

Remove ads