• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rich Baker: Drow & Dwarves the same height???

Traycor

Explorer
Source

1) Are Drow getting taller in the 4E Realms, too?

1) I don't think so. I'd imagine we would leave them about where they were in the Races of Faerun tables.

Drow were always the smallest of the elves, though they technically still have an average height of 5'2". Dwarves are going to be over 5' tall now, which puts them right on par with drow.

Drow & Dwarves the same height... huh...

Cadfan

First Post
If drow are staying the same height in FR, why are we assuming that dwarves are growing in FR? Mightn't they stay the same height as well?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but that seems logical.

Traycor

Explorer
Cadfan said:
If drow are staying the same height in FR, why are we assuming that dwarves are growing in FR? Mightn't they stay the same height as well?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but that seems logical.
Could very well be true, but... it would just seem wierd to me if they make all these fundamental changes to the races, then don't make any of those changes in FR. I mean, they've stated already that they want most people that pick up the game to make the jump to FR. It would make sense for the basic playable races to match up with each other.

Asmor

First Post
JRRNeiklot said:
Dwarves over 5 feet tall? Have they looked the word "dwarf" up?

Have you looked up the word "dragonborn" or "tiefling?"

It's kind of silly to make an argument based on the name of the race, even if the race's name is an English word.

Though I do agree with you that dwarves should be shorter...

Remove ads