Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring listens carefully to the sounds of the jungle around them. He moves slowly, trying not to alert the undead to their presence. Shouldn't there be more bird calls than this? Maybe it's because it's dark... or maybe it's the undead... they could be all around us now, closing in, that's why the birds aren't crying out! They're going to eat our brains! He nearly leaps out of his skin when a small rodent dashes across the path in front of them. He bares his teeth in the direction the rodent went before turning back to search the darkening clearing.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Listen +6
Spot +7
He has low light vision as well if that helps.
[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
You come to the edge of the clearing, nerves on edge, listening intently....., unnatural quiet. As you look from behind trees at the edge of the clearing you see.....nothing. It is empty as before.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Lookspring," Phoenix whispers, "can you tell which direction the tracks went last? Maybe we will need to follow and find them to destroy them."

While Lookspring checks the tracks, Phoenix gets another idea. "Mmmm, the villagers said they were unable to get water from the well.", she mutters to herself. "Perhaps if I try to take some water, they will come out of hiding and engage us..."

With this thought, Phoenix moves over to the well and starts using the rope and bucket (OOC: assuming here) to get some water from the well.

BigB

First Post
As Phoenix moves toward the well and leans over to lower the bucket she hears sounds much like mice or rats in the walls.....in this case they would be large rats....very large rats. Although she cannot see very far down the well with the sun setting.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring goes to work searching the ground for the freshest tracks he can. He has a difficult time focusing on his task as he keeps looking up whenever the wind rustles the leaves. He begins circling the clearing in an ever widening pattern as he searches for the latest tracks.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Survival +6
Or
Search +4
[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
[sblock= Lookspring] The tracks circle the well about 200 yards out is the farthest they go thinning as you get farther from the well and near the well they are so concentrated it is difficult to distinguish direction or one from another as there are layers of tracks. You guess they are coming and going from the well.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With the slow dawning of comprehension, Lookspring turns to where Phoenix is standing over the well. The footmarks.. not coming from the forest... but from "The Well! They're in the well!" he shouts as he scrambles for his weapons.

BigB

First Post
Pheonix looks down the well as she lights her sunrod white stands out against the dark of the well. Then she makes out a bony hand reaching up, climbing, followed by a skull.....skeletons climbing out of the well. Too small a space to determine numbers, but definately more than one.

Realizing where the tracks originate Lookspring shouts a warning to Phoenix as he grabs for weapons.

The sailors seem a bit frightened but reach for shortswords and move behind Phoenix...looking to Phoenix and Lookspring as if awaiting orders unsure what to do.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Initiative
[SBLOCK]
Lookspring Initiative (1d20+3=4)
... Ouch! My die hate me online as well as RL!
[/SBLOCK]

Panic grips Lookspring as he picks up the sound of scratching and clacking bones grating against the stone of the well. Gods below, there must be dozens of them.. hundreds even! They'll tear us apart and eat our brains! I don't want to be a zombie! He cringes and shakes all over before he notices the fearful look in the sailors eyes, and the fact that they are watching him. They see my fear, they know we're going to die here... But I'll be damned if a bunch of scurvy lice ridden water-lovers are going to think I'm a coward. He leaps forward headed for the well to carve up the first abomination to crawl out of the darkness.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Lookspring attack (1d20+4=14)
Lookspring damage (1d4+1=2)
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads