• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

BigB

First Post
The native that approached you looks at you with a puzzled expression. You come from place of dead. We take you to village, you not look dead.

Surrounded by natives you are lead to the central hut within the village. The huts all look the same, made from stacked sod and logs. It appears most cooking and other activity is done outside of the huts. The one you expect a leader of the warriors directs you to sit. I get old one, he know what to do. He disappears into the hut and reappears moments after with a wrinkled and bent old man. The old one walks over to face you and speaks with much better common You come from the place of dead, but you do not appear to be dead. How is that? May be you caused the dead to walk.Tell me your story so I might judge you.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Bowing her head in respect, Phoenix begins her tale. "Elder, we have come from far over great water in a big boat to find your people in hope of trading items with you. On our journey from the water, we followed the path that led us through this 'place of dead people' you speak of. We saw many footprints, but none of the walking dead themselves. What else about us would you like to know?"

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Bowing her head in respect, Phoenix begins her tale. "Elder, we have come from far over great water in a big boat to find your people in hope of trading items with you. On our journey from the water, we followed the path that led us through this 'place of dead people' you speak of. We saw many footprints, but none of the walking dead themselves. What else about us would you like to know?"

The old one stares for a moment, face wrinkled in thought as if contemplating some great decision. We do not know you. You are not one of those that came to us with the same request many moons ago. How do we trust you? Rid us of the dead that haunt our water. Make it safe for our women and children to gather water. Then we will talk of trade. Until this is done do not enter our village.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Elder, we shall try to earn your favor by completing this task. Tell me please, where shall we find the dead haunting the water so that we may vanquish them?" Phoenix asks. Glancing at Lookspring, she smiles a pre-slaughter smile he's seen from her before previous battles.

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"Elder, we shall try to earn your favor by completing this task. Tell me please, where shall we find the dead haunting the water so that we may vanquish them?" Phoenix asks. Glancing at Lookspring, she smiles a pre-slaughter smile he's seen from her before previous battles.

We have only seen them in the area around the village well. You must have passed it on the way here if you followed the path.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Ah yes, the well. We shall return there then and see if we can find the vile creatures and destroy them for you." Phoenix says as she stands. Bowing slightly towards the Elder, she says "We shall return shortly with proof of our deeds."

After any other final formalities, Phoenix will lead the way back up the path towards the well while telling the sailors "If...no, when we encounter these undead things, make sure you all stick together. Try to focus all your attacks on one target at a time, especially the bony ones without flesh if there are any. They should come apart easier and even faster with all five of you going after the same one. I know it'll be disgusting, but you've come this far to make an unbelievable profit. Now's not the time to let a little thing like fighting the living dead stop you!"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring scowls at the thought of fighting undead. There's no running if things go bad. They'll pursue us tirelessly. We better hope they can't swim, might be the only way to escape... He follows the others back towards the well, limbering up his bow as he walks. "I've never had to fight the living dead, in the forest they are easier to avoid. The animals stop talking when one is nearby which gives you ample warning. How tough are they? What if you get bit, do you become one, like a werewolf? What if we can't kill them, like their severed hands keep crawling towards us. What if..." He continues babbling on nervously about what horrors they might face until one of the sailors prods him from behind and tells him to stop talking.

BigB

First Post
The old one returns a bow to the group and you can see a expression of relief on his face. When he straightens he speaks to the group. This is a dangerous thing you do for us. Such acts do not go forgotten. Returning fresh water to our village is a great act and will earn you a place of honor here. We shall prepare a feast for your success.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Continuing down the path back towards the well, Phoenix addresses her remaining companion. "Lookspring, you may be able to damage them more with something besides your bow. I don't think arrows works so good against bones alone. Hmmm... but maybe against the fleshy ones if there are some. Just have to wait and see I suppose." With a slight smile on her face that none can see because they are following her she plays a little with her compatriot's head... "Ya know, I've heard some of them like to eat fresh brains. Speaking of food, I'm getting a little hungry myself. That feast will sure be nice, unless we become the main course first that is." With a wink and a smile to the sailors, she tries to let them know she's just messing around to blow off steam before the fight. Exuding confidence, she walks like she can take down all the zombies herself if needed.

BigB

First Post
As you near the clearing it is almost dark. The sailors seem a bit pale, but do not appear ready to run away. They simply follow with crossbows ready.

Remove ads