Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

BigB

First Post
The sailors huddled together whispering about the nights events. One of them speaks up as he hears Lookspring comment on the well. Do you think the little girl caught some disease in the forrest that will change her? Perhaps we will all be climbing down into the well before this is over. He shudders at the thought and the sailors begin whispering amongst themselves again.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring's ears twitch and his tail lashes back and forth in agitation. "You see? You see?! She's already carried the plague back to the ship! She'll be devouring their brains by morning and we'll come back to a ship filled with undead horrors! The captain, the crew, Verrick, all flesh hungering monsters!" His voice rises to a panicked pitch. "They're all dead, dead I tell you!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"All of you, put your fears to rest and yourselves as well. We have naught to do but wait till morning for their Chief to meet us. Spend the time wisely and be ready for whatever comes next. If it puts you at ease, I can stand watch and alert you if any monsters or boogeymen attack in the night..." Phoenix counsels the others while injecting a needed dose of humor into the night. With that, she rests her back against the wall of the hut and prepares to wait for them to settle down for the night.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring spends the rest of the evening fidgeting and mumbling dark predictions to himself about the certain doom that awaits them in the morning. He gets little rest as he wakens whenever he hears noises in the village or bird cries from the forest.

BigB

First Post
In the morning a boy calls to the group from outside the door. Please, you are requested at the chiefs hut. Right away please.

When you look out you see a young boy nod and run off in the direction of the chiefs hut.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix follows the young boy towards the Chief's hut after gathering up some of the skeletal remains and speaking to Lookspring and the sailors... "Everyone take some of the bones as proof, but be respectful with them. These could be ancestor's of this tribe and they could be touchy about their handling."

Seeing a sudden look of worry in Lookspring's eyes, she whispers to him while smiling, "Don't worry Lookspring, I'm sure they won't want to boil us in oil or anything for handling the bones..."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"The cursed bones of the dead will bring us nothing but trouble, mark my words.". He makes a disgusted sound but sees no other alternative than to follow along. He snatches up one of the blankets and wraps a few of the bones up in that so he doesn't have to touch them himself.

BigB

First Post
As the group approaches the chiefs hut a crowd becomes noticeable some very disturbed women are gesturing wildly to the chief. You cannot quite make out what is being said over the general noise of the crowd.

Once someone from the crowd notices you approach they become silent and part the way for you to move forward to the chief. One older woman turns to you - Dried up! Its dried up! She gestures wildly, obviously unnerved. The Chief calms here with a hand on her shoulder and speaks... The women went to the well this morning for water as we all heard you took care of our problem. They were accosted by no dead although they could see the remains of a fight around the well. When they lowered their buckets there was no water. I am afraid I find myself in a position to ask for your aid once again. Will you search for the reason the well has dried up? This has never occurred before. The chief extends his hand holding 3 large pearls. This is payment for removing the dead. I will match this if you can find out where the water has gone.

Remove ads