• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Smiling, Phoenix bows her head in acceptence before addressing the Chief. "I can't speak for the others Chief, but I'll do what I can to help you and your people to get the waters flowing again."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring shudders involuntarily at the thought of crawling down into the depths of the well. There could be anything down there. Probably more undead, hundreds even, plugging up the water source. He looks like he's about to decline before the voice of greed in his head presents a counter argument. The pearls though, look at the size of them! Big as my fist they are! Think of how much I'll get selling those beauties. Enough to do anything I'll ever want! He stares round eyed at the pearls for a moment longer before finally nodding in assent.

BigB

First Post
The chief seems relieved. Good. Thank you. You may feast with us this morning if you desire. He motions past the crowd toward a layout of fish, fruit, sugar cane and various vegetables.

The women begin thanking the group, patting you on the back and urging you to the food.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring immediately makes for the feast, glad to have something on his mind other than the Well. He snatches up a few fish and digs in. "Mmpf, I could get used to this hero stuff." he says around a mouthful of fish. He tries to slip a few extra cooked fish into his pack for later.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix thankfully eats her fill of fruit, veggies, and fish before readying herself for the adventure ahead. "We thank you and your people Chief for this excellent feast. We shall do all we can to find and fix the problem in the well. Until then, we shall take our leave of you."

After making sure the others are prepared to go, Phoenix sets off again on the trail to the well.

BigB

First Post
The group makes an uneventful trip to the well after their meal. You enter the clearing thinking it is a very peaceful scene during the day with the exception of scattered bones around the well from the night before. Nothing is stirring; not even a mouse.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Lookspring, lets get out your rope and grapple so we can get this nasty job done." Phoenix says to her companion while looking down the well with one of her sunrods held aloft for light. When they are ready to descend, she will toss the sunrod down into the well so they can have light at the bottom when they get there.

Climb check (1d20+3=9)

BigB

First Post
ooc: I will assume Lookspring will not object to Phoenix using his rope. Lookspring will stay up top until SelcSilverhand posts otherwise.

Phoenix secures Looksprings rope and drops it down the well. She then drops her sunrod down for a light at the bottom. The sailors are having a discussion about leaving someone to guard the well. One of the sailors turns his attention to Phoenix and Lookspring. We are reluctant to do down the well not knowing if something will come along later and attack from our back. Perhaps 2 should stay here and make sure we will be able to get out of this hole.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Not a bad plan, make sure those villagers don't chop our rope. And be ready to pull us up if there's something nasty down there." He turns to Phoenix. "Ladies first. If it's clear we'll follow you down..." Suddenly remembering something, Lookspring dashes into the woods for a moment to pick out a sturdy wooden branch to use as a club. No more disgusting leg bones for me. This should be good for clobbering the undead. He takes a few experimental swings until he's satisfied with the heft before returning to the well.

BigB

First Post
Luckily for Phoenix (since her climb check was not spectacular) the climb down into the well is relatively easy and she has no problems. As she decends the bottom of the well is illuminated by her sunrod and she can clearly see a passage off the well and what seems to be a dried up underground river bed. Bones litter the floor of the well but otherwise it is clear.

Lookspring and the 3 sailors reach the bottom behind Phoenix. The 3 sailors ready their makeshift clubs.

ooc: I will allow Looksprings club to be a regular club with no penalties for being a cut tree limb...because I am such a nice guy :] or maybe because you are missing part of your party and need it. :lol:

Remove ads