Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Phoenix bypasses the dead creature and searches the room beyond for anything of use or value...

Search check (1d20+0=11)

OOC: Is this a dead end, or is there anywhere else to go from this room besides back toward the dam?

The room is filled with leather beds and two stone worktables. There is also a small metal chest near one of the beds. Nothing worth looking into other than small metal chest.

The tunnel continues north, the room is off the side of the tunnel

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring eyes the chest greedily, mentally calculating how many hundreds of nuggets of gold it must hold. His greed is opposed by the thought that there may be more of the nasty, ugly dwarves somewhere down here to kill. He decides to continue north a distance and see where the tunnel leads.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I wish Ray and Pinkie were here. Surely they would be able to make sure this chest was safe to open. Since they aren't though, I guess I'll have to do the honors. Stand back there a bit sailors, and you too Lookspring, but keep that healing wand handy just in case."

Once she's isolated, she'll pick up the dead badger body and hold it in front of her as best she can while reaching around to try and open the chest.

OOC: We didn't find a key or anything on any dwarves did we? If so, then she'll be trying to use the key to unlock it before opening it.

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"I wish Ray and Pinkie were here. Surely they would be able to make sure this chest was safe to open. Since they aren't though, I guess I'll have to do the honors. Stand back there a bit sailors, and you too Lookspring, but keep that healing wand handy just in case."

Once she's isolated, she'll pick up the dead badger body and hold it in front of her as best she can while reaching around to try and open the chest.

OOC: We didn't find a key or anything on any dwarves did we? If so, then she'll be trying to use the key to unlock it before opening it.

OOC:no key found.

The chest is locked.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Allrighty then, if it's not too heavy then have a sailor carry it. Otherwise, we'll come back for it on the way out.

Phoenix reignites and recharges her mindblade before continuing north down the tunnel.

BigB

First Post
OOC:A sailor can carry the metal chest.

You continue north approximately 50ft and come to another large opening in the cave.

This cave contains the remains of a living area. Several corpses are piled in the center of the room. Ringing the edge of the room are several old straw beds, sized for small humanoids. The room is damp and a pool of water forms in the center.

ooc: I apologize for the delays. It seems it is my turn for computer problems. My notebook may need to be replaced.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix gets nervous finding dead bodies that they themselves didn't kill. She peers carefully around the room to see if anything looks dangerous or out of place. She is also looking at the bodies to see if she can spot what type of damage killed them if visible. After that if nothing pops out, she moves into the room to search it but she's distracted and her searching is nearly useless. Spot and Search checks (1d20+0=20, 1d20+0=2)
"Hey Lookspring, do you think these might be the ones that we killed earlier in the fighting before we returned to the surface to rest?" she asks with a sudden bout of inspiration.

OOC: So the pile of bodies is in the middle of the room...and so is a puddle of water? Are the bodies piled IN the puddle of water? Sorry, I get nervous around seemingly random bodies of water within dungeons. Must be Water Weird phobia dating back to that first D&D choose your own adventure book! :uhoh:

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Phoenix gets nervous finding dead bodies that they themselves didn't kill. She peers carefully around the room to see if anything looks dangerous or out of place. She is also looking at the bodies to see if she can spot what type of damage killed them if visible. After that if nothing pops out, she moves into the room to search it but she's distracted and her searching is nearly useless. Spot and Search checks (1d20+0=20, 1d20+0=2)
"Hey Lookspring, do you think these might be the ones that we killed earlier in the fighting before we returned to the surface to rest?" she asks with a sudden bout of inspiration.

OOC: So the pile of bodies is in the middle of the room...and so is a puddle of water? Are the bodies piled IN the puddle of water? Sorry, I get nervous around seemingly random bodies of water within dungeons. Must be Water Weird phobia dating back to that first D&D choose your own adventure book! :uhoh:

As Phoenix focuses on the pile of bodies she can see they are too small to be dwarves, in fact they are Kobold remains. The pile is partially in the water but mostly on the edge of the water on the opposite side from the party.

ooc: need spot and search checks from Lookspring.

BigB

First Post
[sblock=Lookspring]Your search uncovers a rusty shortsword, 2 broken daggers and a secret door on the east side of the room.[/sblock]

Remove ads