Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring moves over to the hidden door and begins examining it for a way to open it. He calls out over his shoulder, "I think I found something here, but before I open it, someone should cut up those bodies. I don't want them getting up and attacking us from behind!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix begins the grisly task of dismembering the bodies to put Looksprings' mind at ease while he investigates his find. She keeps her eyes and ears peeled for danger from the hallway beyond though and cautions Lookspring to not open the door until she is done and ready beside him at the doorway.

BigB

First Post
As Phoenix conducts the grisly task of chopping up the bodies the sailors are horrified and one of them becomes ill. They do not try to stop Phoenix though they just turn away to watch the tunnel. When Phoenix finishes she moves near Lookspring. As Lookspring pushes the hidden door open a trap springs slamming his hand pinning it in place. A loud whistling sound emanates from the slight opening in the door.

ooc:Lookspring needs to make a reflex save to get his hand out.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix keeps one eye on the door while quickly glancing at Looksprings pinned hand. Having just cut apart several bodies, her next reaction is perhaps somewhat understandable though still gruesome... "If you can't pull it free, I can cut it off at the wrist if that's what it takes to save your life..." Phoenix offers calmly to Lookspring.

BigB

First Post
Lookspring manages to work his hand free with no damage more than a little scrape, though he feels it would have been far worse had he not been so agile and quick to move.

The door closes as his hand comes free.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well, that was less than helpful..." Phoenix says with sarcasm. "Good save with your hand there though. So, do you think we might be able to lift it up manually?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring rubs his sore hand and glares at Phoenix after her less than helpful suggestion that they amputate it. "You can stick your had in the door next time. Maybe we can find a table or old bed to jam in there and keep it open." He turns to the sailors and motions for them to look around for anything that can be used to block the door.

BigB

First Post
Sailor 1 speaks up What about the rusty short sword and broken daggers or perhaps nodding to the pile of dismembered corpses perhaps one of them could lend a hand.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I don't really have a clear image of how this door is constructed or closed, so I'm not sure what we would do to try and open it. Using the materials at hand, we can do whatever would be best to give it a shot. Is there some check you want us to make to resolve the attempt?

Remove ads