Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

BigB

First Post
You return to the dam. As you stand on the bank of the river you can see the tunnel on the other side which is your intended route.

how will you cross the river? Lookspring is the only one that may have any difficulty and need a swim check DC 10. The current on the other side is stronger.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC:So we can't walk across the top of the dam itself to reach the other edge? How wide is the river? Perhaps Phoenix and/or the sailors can throw Lookspring across if he's the only one who would have trouble?

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
OOC:So we can't walk across the top of the dam itself to reach the other edge? How wide is the river? Perhaps Phoenix and/or the sailors can throw Lookspring across if he's the only one who would have trouble?

You can cross the dam to the other side but will still have to enter the faster current on the other side to reach the tunnel you seek.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Lookspring, why don't you climb upon my shoulders while I wade across. That way you won't get washed away." Phoenix offers.

OOC: Assuming Lookspring accepts, she will load him up on her shoulders and go in the water to try and get to the other side.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"To the hells with that! You'll sink, drop me, or lose your footing! I'll stay here where it is safe." Being rather obstinate about the issue, Lookspring refuses to be coaxed into crossing the stream. "If you get into trouble, run back this way and I'll send some arrows across. Take the sailors for good measure. I'm sure they can keep you safe."

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: How far across is it? I'm thinking of picking him up and throwing him across but I'm not sure what rules to use for that. Maybe some version of the jump rules but with a Strength check? I don't know. That's assuming I can grapple him first to pick him up...

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: The grapple part shouldn't be hard, he's just a wee little guy after all ;)
If you can't throw, you could always grapple + move with him. You even get a bonus if you manage to pin him.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I'll try one more option before attempting a more physical method...

"Allrighty then, Lookspring. Hope ya don't get too bored here till we get back. Of course, I hope nothing too exciting happens either since we wouldn't be here to help you out if something nasty showed up. And by the way, thanks for the extra cut of treasure for anything we find down this other hallway that you're volunteering to give up. I'm sure the sailors here appreciate it too." Phoenix says while readying her gear for the crossing.

Remove ads