Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

BigB

First Post
OOC:This is some good IC interaction :D I remember reading something about throwing characters based on grapple. Of course it is not approved for LEW but if you both agree on it, there should not be a problem. If you move as far as you can on the dam and attempt a throw from there you would have the advantage of throwing from higher ground and would need a 10' distance. Although the mention of bad things getting him and missing out on treasure may be enough to get him moving. :lol:

BigB

First Post
OOC: Here is what I propose for a throw opponent: Throw Your Foe to the Ground: This works just like a trip attack except that you don't make an initial touch attack (because you're grasping your foe already) and you and your foe make opposed grapple checks to resolve the trip attack. If you win, you and your foe fall prone in the space you both share, but you're still grappling. At your option you can take a -4 penalty on the opposed check; if you win you break your foe's hold on you and you throw your foe to the ground in a space adjacent to the space you formerly shared. (You stay on your feet.) Your foe's movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity, nor does it count against her movement for the current turn (or her next turn).
If you lose the opposed check, your foe gets a chance to trip you by making an opposed grapple check, just as described above

You can make a strength check to throw your opponent farther... per 10ft distance of attempted throw make a strength check; opponents weight (including gear carried) divided by 10 is the DC of the strength check. ie... a 40lb character would require a strength check of 4 per ten feet, so DC 8 for 20 feet. Remember must add weight of gear carried and make the attempt at -2 if opponent attempts to stop you.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: I'm going to be difficult, only for the fun of being hurled across a river ;) So we start with a normal grapple check, and once she's got a hold she makes another grapple check at -4 to throw me to the ground, then a str check to throw me? I'm out of town so might be slow on responses this week.

"Treasures are no good to ya if you're dead, dragged under the earth in a cold, wet river. Trapped... with no air.. just water all around you as you're swept along..." He shudders a bit at the thought. He gets a hold of himself and says, "If'n you're not back in an hour I'm going back to the well and blocking up the tunnel so your horrid undead bodies don't come crawling out after me."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"You're a brave man, Lookspring." Phoenix says while shoving her hand forward to shake his. As he takes it, she covers his hand with her other one trying to latch on tightly while continuing, "That's why I know you'll be okay after we get you across this water real quick. If you'll just relax and ...ouch! That hurt!... calm down and ... Uuuhn" Phoenix grunts as she tries to get a good enough hold on Lookspring to toss him across the water. Grapple check, Grapple check at -4, Strength check. (1d20+5=14, 1d20+5-4=16, 1d20+3=10)

OOC: If he gets dumped in the drink, it's his own fault for squirming too much. ;) :\ :heh:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Going to be moving to Florida for the next few days. I'll be back online sometime early next week hopefully. Sorry about the delays. NPC me if you wish.

BigB

First Post
ooc:Lookspring needs to make his 2 strength checks. Dont forget modifiers for strength and size.

The sailors stare in shock as the 2 hero's begin struggling.

BigB

First Post
ooc: Ha!

Lookspring evades Phoenix grasp as they struggle in a desparate attempt to avoid a swim in the underground river.

ooc: :p do we try another round?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
After that treachery, I'm going to try to throw her into the water! :D Unless of course she manages to hurl me across first! Initiatives to see who goes first?
Initiative is +3
If Lookspring goes first:
Lookspring Grapple, Grapple at a penalty, and strength check to throw. (1d20=19, 1d20-4=0, 1d20+1=11)

If Phoenix goes first and tries to throw him again:
Lookspring grapple checks vs Phoenix throwing him (1d20=20, 1d20=18)
[/SBLOCK]

Lookspring hisses angrily as he struggles in earnest with Phoenix. "Get away from me!" He scratches with his dull nails and even tries to bite her as he struggles to shove her away.

BigB

First Post
ooc: PVP is escalating a bit, if either of you are uncomfortable I can come up with an ic way to interfere. I think the worst that will happen at this point is one of the characters will end up in the river.

Remove ads