Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram

Verrick will target one of the approaching creeatures according to the following critieria:

(1) First Preference goes to one of the creatures that the sailors shot at.
(2) Verrick will prefer a creature without cover, and that is not engaged in melee.

Verrick draws an arrow. Carefully he sets his feet to adjust for the rocking boat, then fires. First attack (1d20+4=24, 1d8=5). Confirm Crit & Extra Damage (1d20+4=21, 1d8=3)

Verrick adds his warnings to those of Lookspring's. "Wake up. Attack!"

If Verrick can manage without entering within melee range of the creatures, he will try to make his way to either the Quarterdeck or the Forecastle.

OOC: [sblock=BigB]I can accept that Verrick might have no knowledge of the creatures. The knowledge skill might not even apply to their type. However, if the knowledge(nature) is the appropriate skill, personal familiarity really doesn't come into play. I believe the knowledge skill is an academic familiarity. I can ofcourse forsee that even then the check could fail, if for example the creatures are newly arrived to Enworld (created, planeshifted, etc.) or if the knowledge of their existence has never left an extremely limited geographical area. Even then Verrick might identify traits similar to those of other creatures of which he has knowledge, and gain some partial understanding. You don't have to explain your reasoning to me, I just wanted to contribute my interpretation of the knowledge skill.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring backpeddles from the edge of the railing as the slippery creatures scrabble up the side of the ship. As the first one tops the railing he fires two arrows in rapid succession, however the rolling of the deck throws his aim off a bit. He lets out a stream of curses about the damnably wet sea and all the awful critters in it.

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
5' step back from the railing.
Lookspring Rapid Shot (1d20+4=12, 1d20+4=14)

If either hits, the damage is 1d6+1
[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
As Verrick and the 4 sailors look about and see what is happening the 4 sailors fire into the uncontested creatures, 3 scoring hits(C5,C7,C8). One of the creatures squeals in pain(C7) as a crossbow bolt cracks the skeletal shell of the creature and it staggers a bit under the solid hit. Seeing the creature so wounded Verrick quickly followed up with a staggering shot of his own. The creature now bleeding profusely from the 2 wounds seems to refuse to go down.

Lookspring fires 2 quick shots; the first going high over the creature, the second shot hitting the creature(C1) solidly as it tops the rail. Lookspring then takes a 5' move away from the rail (I did not have Lookspring positioned properly in the map so he is one square behind his map position)

Pinkie, Ray and Phoenix gasp as they witness the sight all around them.

[sblock= LiquidBlue] I will accept that. From what Verrick sees these creatures are closely related to Sahaugin, but are not that exactly.[/sblock]

Attachments

• above deck ROUND1.JPG
    above deck ROUND1.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram, Sea Monster Fighter

Gimly Verrick evaluates the attack. The situation appears grim, and it is certain that people were going to die. There was nothing to do but fight back, maybe some would survive.

Desperately, Verrick tries to warn the creatures off.[sblock=Draconic]Be gone from this ship. We will kill you.[/sblock]

OOC: Verrick either used his move action from the previous round to move to the quarterdeck, or he will use his move action this turn to do so.

From the quarterdeck, Verrick let loose another arrow. Yet the motion of the ship throws off his aim. (1d20+4=9, 1d8=4)

OOC: BigB, I don't envy the mechanics of this encounter. BTW, Verrick will go ahead and use his power points to negate damage he recieves. He won;t hold back, so if any of the creatures injure him, go ahead and apply this ability. Verrick's AC is 13 since he doesn't have his armor on.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix moves forward past Ray and a sailor (#12) until she's a little way (10 feet) from one of the creatures (#8). Trying out a new power she's been experimenting with, she throws her mindblade at the creature. Atk & Dmg (1d20+4=21, 1d6+3=8)

HP: 21/21; PP: 3/4

[sblock=OOC] Phoenix is at her full AC since she was sleeping in her studded leather (light armor doesn't cause fatigue). She won't use her PP's to reduce damage unless she's gotten below 10 HP's. I assume that she has been using her unneeded PP's on the voyage each night to fuel her Repletion power and not require food or water for 24 hours.

Hopefully, a creature will move to her so she can use her move action next round to reform her mindblade[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Continuing to backpeddle, Lookspring fires off another two arrows at the approaching monsters. He continues a running string of colorful curses at the beasts. "Damnable muck-dwelling, water lovin', slime scaled beasties and your thrice damned cold and salty ocean! Yer better off spiked and slow cooked with lemon over a grill ya toothy scrabbly leech-kissing parasite on the hind end of a shark!" His vocabulary has expanded considerably since he started hanging out with the other sailors...

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Rapid Shot - 1 arrow at C1 and if it goes down, the second arrow at C2
Lookspring Attack Roll (1d20+4=24, 1d20+4=21)
Lookspring Crit Confirm (1d20+4=19)
Lookspring Crit Damage (1d6+1=7, 1d6+1=2)

I did my rolls wrong, I forgot the bow is x3, not x2. and on top of that when I rolled the second arrow I forgot to remove the extra roll. So take the 5 damage and add it to the first arrow and use the second roll (7dmg)for my second arrow.

Lookspring Second Arrow (1d6+1=5, 1d6+1=7)
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
This what we have so far I will update more when Ray and Pinkie's actions are posted.

Order of Action R2

L 5ft step back and attacks C1 with a shot into the creatures eye that protrudes from the back of its head dropping the creature back into the water. He quickly focuses on the next creature, C2, landing another solid blow clearly hurting the creature cursing them all the while.
S9 shaken by the sight of these creatures his crossbow bolt misses its target.
S10 fumbles a bit with his crossbow but manages to connect with C7.
S11 manages a glancing blow to the creature,C7, as it goes down in an ear piercing shriek of pain.
S12 solid hit to C8 hurting it.
V Verrick continues his move from the previous round to place on higher ground and allow for better lanes of fire. His arrow is off its mark as the ship rolls with the tide.
C5 moves to attack S3 and bites down on the poor sailor with its rows and rows of teeth. S3 lets out a weak cry but goes silent quickly.
C6 Throws his javelin at S12 striking the sailor in the leg, though not dropping him.
Ph Phoenix moves forward past Ray and a sailor (#12) until she's a little way (10 feet) from one of the creatures (#8). Trying out a new power she's been experimenting with, she throws her mindblade at the creature connecting with a solid hit where bolts had cracked the creatures natural armor.
C8 stumbles from the wounds it received this round and attacks s12 throwing its javelin and piercing the sailor in the stomach and taking him down to the deck.
S1 attacks C2 with his shortsword piercing the creatures shoulder joint as it climbs over the rail.
S4 moves to attack C4 flanking it and delivering a mighty blow to the back of the creatures head with a resounding crack.
S5 timidly moves a few steps forward in a position to support S1 should he need it.
Pi Pinkie fires at C8, knowing Ray will be attacking this one, and hitting it on a glancing blow.
R Ray moves forward tumbling past one of the sailors and into a position to land a blow to C8 with a Khukri, dropping the creature almost on top of him.
C3 Attacks S6 with a vicious bite ending the sailors life.
C4 Moving toward S8.
S8 Running from the horrid creatures.
Purdy emerges from the door of his cabin, eyes wide as he takes in the scene, he begins yelling for all hands on deck and to weapons.

OoC:3 creatures down to 5 sailors down. Starting round 3...

As you see the horrific sight of the creature biting down S3 you realize that these creatures are most deadly with their bite.

Attachments

• above deck ROUND1-2.JPG
    above deck ROUND1-2.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram, Mighty Hunter of the Seas

Round 3 Action:

Verrick agains fires an arrow at one the creatures. Verrick encourages the sailors, "Concetrate your fire on a single creature at a time."

OOC: Verrick will attack a creature according to the following priorities, given in order of importance.
(1) The Creature has previously been injured. Verrick will try to attack the creature who appears to be the most wounded, yet is still fighting.
(2) The Creature threatens an injured ally.
(3) The Creature is close to Verrick.

Round 3: (1d20+40)=24, 1d8=5
Confirm Critical: (1d20+4)=9

Remove ads