Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"... barnacle-encrusted mud-grubbing whale dung eating sea-rats that mate with lobsters! I fouled yer waters just this morning, that warm spot was mine!" Lookspring 's curses are starting to slow down as he exhausts his limited supply. The distraction of trying to find more foul words to rain down on their heads causes one of his arrows to shoot wide, disappearing over the railing.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Firing at C2

Lookspring Rapid Shot
First Arrow = 7
Second Arrow = 16

Lookspring Damage (1d6+1=3)
[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Round 3

LiquidBlue said:
OOC: BigB, I don't envy the mechanics of this encounter.

It can be a bit time consuming. :] So many good guys to squash, so little time.

working on round 3, I have Lookspring's and Verricks actions.

L fires two quick shots at C3 one sailing out over the water, the other striking the creature as it is biting s6.

S9 Fires on C5 as it is his best unobstructed shot
S10 Fires on C5 as it is his best unobstructed shot
S11 Fires on C5 as it is his best unobstructed shot
the shots from S9,S10,S11 all hit the creature dropping it with a sailor(S3) still in its mouth.

V Sensing one of the foul fish coming at him Verrick turns and fires on C4 dropping the creature onto the deck.

C6 Moves forward and attacks Ray with a bite. All Ray can see is row upon row of teeth as the creature lunges for him and scores a solid hit (15 pts damage, almost critted :eek: ). Phoenix and Pinkie see Ray almost disappear into the creatures mouth.

Ph Phoenix focuses her mental energies to reform her mindblade before making a short step toward C6 and slicing at it. Her mind blade slices through the hard shell damaging the creature.

S1 attacks C2 but misses badly as the creature looms over him.

S4 turns and shouts at the foul creatures, unsure what to do.

S5 stands ready should S1 fall to the creature.

Pi Letting out a string of curses Pinkie fires at the creature biting on Ray, hitting with a precise shot.

R Getting bitten.

S8 watches the action from near Verrick.

C2 Grapples with S1 and takes the sailor over the side and into the water with it.

C3 Takes hold of an unconscious sailor in one of its pincers and jumps off the ship dragging the sailor along.

Purdy Charges the creature (C6) biting Ray, and drives his rapier into the creature.

S13, S14, S15, S16, S17, S18 Come up on deck and move to flank the creature cutting off escape.

Attachments

• above deck round 3.JPG
    above deck round 3.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix focuses her mental energies to reform her mindblade before making a short step toward the creature that just chomped Ray so she can slice at it. "Eat this, foul thing!"

[sblock=OOC]Per your map, it looks like she can make a 5 foot step(free action) to reach creature #6 after reforming her mindblade (move action) so she can swing at it from melee range. Attack and damage (1d20+5=18, 1d6+3=5).[/sblock]

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Phoenix focuses her mental energies to reform her mindblade before making a short step toward the creature she already attacked and slicing at it again. "Eat this, foul thing!"

[sblock=OOC]Per your map, it looks like she can make a 5 foot step(free action) to reach creature #8 after reforming her mindblade (move action) so she can swing at it from melee range. Attack and damage (1d20+5=18, 1d6+3=5).[/sblock]

OoC: C8 was killed by Ray and C6 moved up to attack Ray. You can do the same attack only to C6...and possibly save Ray as that attack took him to 0hp. I posted a new map - sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
BigB said:
OoC: C8 was killed by Ray and C6 moved up to attack Ray. You can do the same attack only to C6...and possibly save Ray as that attack took him to 0hp. I posted a new map - sorry for the confusion.

OOC: Yep, what you said! I'll edit my above post...

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram

Verrick notchs and fires another arrow. Things definately desperate, it would seem that only with luck could they escape alive.

OOC:
Verrick will fire his arrow according to the following priorities:

(1) Creatures that are an immediate threat to himself.
(2) Creatures that are an immediate threat to his allies (injury giving precedence)

Creatures not engaged in melee and do not have cover gain precedence over those that are and do. BigB, apply the modifiers as necessary.

Round 4 (1d20+4=6, 1d8=3)
Well it appears that any modifiers cover or melee doesn't matter.

Desperate to end the fight and carnage, Verrick tries to get his arrows off as quickly as possible, but in his haste missets the arrow, and it tumbles harmlessly through the air. I'll have to figure out Lookspring's trick.

OOC: I may not be able to post again until saturday. If round 5 comes around with violence still occuring, Verrick again fires his bow. Round 5 (1d20+4=23, 1d8=8)

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sending another hail of arrows at the creatures, Lookspring hisses as his accuracy drops. I'll need some more curses, the gods must like favor my taunting of these beasts. He reaches into his quiver for a few more arrows and licks the feathers to smooth their edges. He glances over at the dying sailors who got in too close the snapping fangs. Better them than me, if any of them live they'll learn better than to get in close.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Firing at C2

Lookspring Rapid Shot (1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=6)
If it hits:
Lookspring Damage (1d6+1=4)
[/SBLOCK]

LiL'Hauptman

First Post
Letting a rather unladylike stream of curses to rival that of any sailor on board...

^%$^#%$#@%$#@ ^%$^%$& !

Pinkie lets a bolt fly at the creature who bit Ray.

Attack = 25

Crtitical Confirmation = 8

Damage = 3

Hang in there Ray!

Remove ads