Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix will roam around the ship, checking to help any sailors she can and figuring out who is gone and who is left. "Now we try to figure what to do next. Is the ship itself damaged anywhere? Anyone need any help at their posts or any posts now unmanned to take over?" she asks around the ship in general.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring closely examines the body of one of the creatures. What an odd creature, and smelly too. I wonder if it eats something that makes it smell so bad. His curiosity piqued, he takes out a short knife and opens up the belly, throwing the bits and pieces over the side of the ship. Finding little of interest, he settles on cutting free the two large claws and cleaning them as trophies before shoving the rest of the corpse over the side of the ship. He turns from his gruesome task to see if the others found anything more interesting.

BigB

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
[sblock=Master Purdy]"I see that we have miscommunicated. My companions and I feel that we must be prepared against mortal danger. I do not think you would find any of us easily willing to face such challenges unprepared. I merely thought that we might find a mutual accommodation that would serve us both well in the face of danger. Perhaps, I thought wrong, or perhaps I have spoken out of place. In any event, if anything that I have spoken sounds a resonant cord, you may speak to all of together of your thoughts. But may I give you a personal warning, you have hired us to help insure the success of this mission, but we will all fail without the presence and support of the crew." Verrick gives Master Purdy an opportunity to respond, and if the conversation is complete will go to other activities.[/sblock]

Verrick will again offer what help he can to the injured sailor, then take the opportunity to examine the creatures and their possesions.

OOC: If Ray needs more healing we can go ahead a do that as well.

[sblock= Verrick] Master Purdy replies to Verrick:This is a matter I will need to think on, we will discuss this more again soon.[/sblock]

OoC: Ray could indeed use some more healing, although he could heal naturally through rest if there are no other encounters along the way.

The group tends Rays and the sailors needs. The sailors seem gratefull to the adventurers for saving them from the fishmen and the stories of the brave deeds are already beginning.

Phoenix will roam around the ship, checking to help any sailors she can and figuring out who is gone and who is left. "Now we try to figure what to do next. Is the ship itself damaged anywhere? Anyone need any help at their posts or any posts now unmanned to take over?" she asks around the ship in general.

As Phoenix roams the ship the sailors treat her as a hero of legends. The sailors have adapted their schedules to cover for the injured and dead sailors. Phoenix can tell from her experience trying to learn sailing on the trip that in case of a severe storm or a need to outrun another ship the adventurers may need to help out. The ship does not seem to need repairs.

BigB

First Post
Captain Purdy has ordered the remaining (dead) creatures to be placed below decks in the cargo hold away from any food, and the sailors are busy carrying out his orders and cleaning the deck. The injured sailor is recovering although not yet able to return to his work.

DerHauptman

First Post
Ray seems ashamed that he was taken out of the battle...

A little quiet for a change he asks for the healing required.

He will wander to his cabin and fetch the healing potion and give it to Pheonix...

Madam, again I thank you....

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Despite the ship being shorthanded, Lookspring does his best to avoid any work involved with running the ship. He makes himself absent whenever the crew is moving equipment or coiling lines. The few times he makes himself useful usually involve watching the horizon or helping to fish for dinner.
During one of the rare instances when he is helping, he wanders over to Uggla to ask him questions about the creatures. Mostly he seems interested in why Purdy wanted to keep the bodies of the creatures, if he had seen them on the last trip through with the pirates, and if they are edible.

BigB

First Post
The days pass by uneventfull, even though all aboard the ship are very watchfull and alert, especially at night. Lookspring has easily avoided any real work and on occasions some of the ships crew have done things for him energetically. Pinkie and Phoenix have found the crew willing to wait on them as they are royalty. Ray is fully recovered (at full HP) as 7 days have gone by. The morning of the 8th day after the battle with the fish men Ray spots land as the sun comes up. Captain Purdy gives orders for the crew to make for the island looking out for any settlements.

[sblock= Lookspring] Shortly after the attack by the fishmen, you get a chance to speak with Uggla. I did not encounter these fish men before, though I think the natives may have spoken of them. It did not make sense to me then but now I understand. The natives have a belief that you do not fish after dark because you will anger the sea gods and the fish will rise out of the water and eat those that would eat them. I believe Capn wants to keep these fishmen to ask the natives if they know of them, or he may try to sell them when we return to Orussus. I do not know if they are edible, but they smell bad and I would sooner eat the railing.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring joins the others at the rail to watch the distant island approach with maddeningly slowness (at least from his perspective). His tail lashes as he paces back and forth impatiently, eager to be off the water as soon as possible. He mutters to himself as he paces, "Soon now, any minute, I've had enough of this damnable rocking back and forth and the wetness... all around..." He shudders involuntarily.

BigB

First Post
As you approach the island the skies darken and the waters become rough, rocking the ship violently making everyone reach for something to hang on to. Captain Purdy speaks with Uggla, but you can not hear what is said. Captain Purdy begins yelling orders to the crew for everyone to watch for coral just below the water and to look for a break in the coral large enough for the ship to pass through. Sailors begin yelling and the ship makes, what seem to be endless, sharp turns tossing everyone about and finally find what Uggla had said was there, a path through the coral and on to a cove that will hide the ship from view of anyone outside the cove. It is a miracle that no one was lost to the water and whatever waits beneath the surface. The cove is calm and clear, the beach makes way to thick jungle.

Captain Purdy approaches the group once the ship is anchored and inspections are complete.

That was closer than I would have liked. The ship took some damage. I would like you to scout the island and find the village. You may take 5 sailors with you, but I will need the rest to stay with the ship and make repairs. You should gather your things and depart in the morning.

Attachments

• adventurers copy finding the island.JPG
    adventurers copy finding the island.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 180

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix readies her gear in preparation for their expedition. That evening before resting, she uses some of her remaining mental energy to fuel her body for the coming day.

Remove ads