Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

BigB

First Post
Lookspring heads for the people working the hides and bones. Phoenix deep in thought goes about her business speaking with none.

As lookspring approaches a woman looks up from her seated position admiring the wolfhead Lookspring carries. Fine wolf ye got there. Better get it tended afore bugs and rot get it.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring puffs up his chest and boasts, "Aye, it is fine isn't it? After we killed the hydra and the bear, we split off from the group and were surrounded by at least a dozen of the beasts. We slew one and let the others live. It would make a fine hat if it were cleaned out and adjusted properly. However I'm tired from fighting the ferocious and terrible beasts of the jungle and am looking for someone that could do some work on it. What do you say, think you could handle it?"

BigB

First Post
why I think I could have it done tomorrow. I would be honored after you have done so much for us. Come back tomorrow when the sun leaves the sky.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Excellent, I will return then." He strides away towards the bonfire. He spends his evening carousing, drinking, and enjoying cooked hydra. He tells the story of how he fought the undead and the dwarves under their well as well as the great hunt. In each retelling his battle prowess grows by leaps and bounds until one would think he fought the entire thing single handedly. Though he overhears some talk lamenting the loss of the hunters to the hydra, he gives it only a passing thought. Better them than me, is his motto. As the night wanes to morning, the exertion of the day finally catches up to him. He finds a spot to curl up, cradling his bow in one hand, and his dreams filled with thoughts of gigantic pearls and gold.

BigB

First Post
You rise in the morning to the sounds of singing and the smell of food being cooked although most of your appetite was curbed the night before during the feast. As you rise you see many villagers gathered around you and you recognize many of them from the hunting trip. They all carry an item you recovered from the dwarves and seem ready to make an offer of payment for the items. They carry many large trunks forward and set them in front of you. The Shaman comes forward. This is a generous offer I would think for the tools of war you offer in trade. There is 9000 gold coins in these chests. He pauses to let the amount sink in a moment. He watches the expressions of Lookspring and Phoenix. A moment later he speaks again with a grave expression. You asked me to translate the scrolls you found while returning our water supply to the well. I have finished but I fear the danger to the village has only begun. The scrolls were written in a strange dialect called Yuan-Ti. The translation is as close as I can determine: We must retrieve the staff of Bahnriallog. We are close to finding the wielder. Send the gold that we may pay the assassin. With Arrhims guidance may we assume the positions of our tormentors. The time is at hand do not delay payment. If you agree to return to your world and seek aid of those that may return to save us from this great danger I will add these chests of gold to your payment. Some villagers bring forth more chests of gold that look to be close to half the amount offered for the dwarven weapons and armor. He remains silent seemingly awaiting an answer.

ooc: Accepting the money does not mean you have to return for the continuation but you may need to use it to get others to make the journey.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix is dumbfounded by the sheer volume of treasure presented before them. Picking up a handfull, she lets them fall out of her grasp to land with a beautiful clinking noise among the rest of the horde. We have a horde...We EACH have our own treasure horde! she thinks to herself as the smile on her face grows. I'm feeling rather draconic suddenly. For some reason I just want to gather my pile together as a bed and lay naked on it's cold, hard, shinyness!

This line of thought is inturrupted as the Shaman continues on about the translation. Her smile fades as she realizes what he is asking of them. "A big decision to be made then, eh Lookspring? What say you?" she asks her companion when she is able to get his attention away from the chests of treasure for a moment.

OOC: So that is 4,500 GP each for Phoenix and Lookspring and another 4,500 to take back with us to hire more help to return for another adventure here, right? You planning on starting the new adventure right away then after recruiting? I'd be willing to have Phoenix sign on again and return. On an amusing note, if we recruit 2-3 people for this next adventure there won't be many left in the RDI to do the Mega-Adventure when it finally starts. :heh: On the other hand, maybe it will finally be getting ready to start by the time we finish this next adventure on the island. :uhoh:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With a wide eyed, dreamy expression on his face, Lookspring stares raptly at the mound of coins before him. The sound of the shaman speaking is a distant buzz in his ear as he takes in the magnificent sight. That's... more money than I've ever seen, or dreamed of seeing... How did these savages get so rich? He picks up a few coins and weighs them in his palm, testing them to make sure they are not trying to trick him. This can't be real, I'm still dreaming, that's all. He pinches himself and winces. When Phoenix begins speaking he finally snaps out of it and looks up at her. "I'm beginning to to think this island isn't quite as unbearable as I first thought. Gold, pearls, and feasts in our honor. What can we possibly find back in Orussus? Scrounging for the odd courier job, cleaning pests out of a house, or babysitting some noble? Feh, leave that for the fools back home. Here is wealth. Here is adventure. Here we are honored like we deserve.

OOC: Mmmmm, <3 Yuan-ti

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix nods as Lookspring speaks. "I was thinking much the same my friend. It's agreed then, we shall return to Orrussus to seek aid from some others and then return here to help these people again." Turning to the Shaman, she asks "How many others besides us should we bring back?"

BigB

First Post
The Shaman looks at the 2 heros and seems to be saddened by where his thoughts take him for a moment. This will be a dangerous journey I think. You will need some powerful allies that can overcome all sorts of danger. Only you can understand the strengths of your own group.

ooc: I am thinking you will need at least 3 more with some healing, spellcasting, and possibly a fighter type. Hmm okay typical group mix. 4th-5th lvl. How close are Phoenix and Lookspring to 4th?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC - 227 exp away =P I might use up 2 DM credits to bump him the rest of the way before the start of the next run. I browsed through the RDI thread and saw there was a healer and a thief type active, didn't see much in the way of a primary spell caster but hopefully there is one lurking =)

Remove ads