• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring wraps the ropes tightly around the two sailors hands, then loops it around his neck and ties the remainder to their feet. He takes the opportunity to teach Phoenix a bit about the craft while he works. "You see this part here, where I loop it around the neck with a sliding knot? That's so it'll choke him a bit if he starts struggling. That usually discourages a lot of movement in the upper body." Once he's done tying them down, he stands up to admire his handiwork. He slings his bow and quiver over his shoulder then picks up his handaxe. With a sudden violent motion, he slams the man in the head with the flat back of his handaxe. He repeats the motion until the sailor goes unconscious. He then turns to Phoenix and says with a smile on his face, "The most important thing to remember though is that no matter how good of a knot you tie, the only way to be sure is to make it so they can't struggle to begin with. Shall we be off?"

OOC - Going to smack him once or twice for some non-lethal damage just to be sure.
Use Rope Check (1d20+6=23)

BigB

First Post
ooc:I really enjoy Lookspring as a character.

Having bound the sailors and effectively immobilized them for a time Phoenix and Lookspring climb to the deck where they see part of the crew frantically setting full sail while the others are watching behind them quite consumed with what they see. The scene is fairly quiet which is odd for the sailors.

spot checks for Lookspring and Phoenix needed.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring stares at the sailors with a look of incomphrehension on his face. He whispers to Phoenix, "See? A mutiny. They're in a big hurry to get somewhere now, and I'm betting it isn't Orussus."

Lookspring Spot (1d20+8=17)

ooc - Heh, thanks. I'm always looking for a way to play up the chaotic evil side without always going for the greed route =)

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
beyond the sailors a ships sails come into view against the horizon...obviously something that has gotten the attention of everyone on board although it is too far to make out details.

[sblock=lookspring]You notice movement going below deck once you and Phoenix turn to see the sailors and ship beyond[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
ooc: if either of you would like to join the mega adventure I can speed things up a bit and add last encounters to beginning of the continuation. It is ok with me either way. I have enjoyed both characters, just dont want you to miss out.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC - I haven't kept up with the Mega Adventure stuff much. Do we have to be back at the RDI in order to join it? Is your next adventure going to be part of the MA or a continuation of this one? I think I'm more interested in continuing this story line than jumping on board something new.

Lookspring crouches a bit lower and says to Phoenix, "I think I saw someone headed below decks, I'm going to go check it out. See if you can find out what's going on!" Without waiting for a response he starts to make his way across the deck towards the stairs.

ooc - invis castle is blocked here at work now, so if you want to roll it his hide is +13 and move silently is +11

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I'm fine with staying with your continuation, BigB. My only worry is that if we aren't back soon, all the other characters of appropriate level for your next adventure might already be gone. (That and I'd like to have a certain PC do some magic work on some equipment of Phoenix's before they leave on the MA)

"What is that other ship?" Phoenix asks the nearest sailor. "What's going on?"

BigB

First Post
SelcSilverhand said:
OOC - I haven't kept up with the Mega Adventure stuff much. Do we have to be back at the RDI in order to join it? Is your next adventure going to be part of the MA or a continuation of this one? I think I'm more interested in continuing this story line than jumping on board something new.

ooc: It will be a continuation of this one although the challenges may be a bit tougher ;)

SelcSilverhand said:
Lookspring crouches a bit lower and says to Phoenix, "I think I saw someone headed below decks, I'm going to go check it out. See if you can find out what's going on!" Without waiting for a response he starts to make his way across the deck towards the stairs.

ooc - invis castle is blocked here at work now, so if you want to roll it his hide is +13 and move silently is +11

Lookspring stealthily goes below deck.[sblock=lookspring]As you go below deck you see a figure examining the 2 unconscious and tied sailors.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: I'm fine with staying with your continuation, BigB. My only worry is that if we aren't back soon, all the other characters of appropriate level for your next adventure might already be gone. (That and I'd like to have a certain PC do some magic work on some equipment of Phoenix's before they leave on the MA)

I can rearrange some encounters.

Phoenix8008 said:
"What is that other ship?" Phoenix asks the nearest sailor. "What's going on?"

One of the sailors replies to Phoenix. It may be a pirate ship, cant think o no other reason to be tailin us out here.

Just then the captain begins shouting orders. Full sail and every available hand on oars were needin to outrun them and were loaded down.

Last edited:

Remove ads