• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of Invisibility

Davelozzi

Explorer
A PC in my game has a ring of invisibility. It's supposed to work as the spell, so when he attacks someone, he becomes visible. Am I correct in understanding that under the rules as written, there's nothing stopping him from becoming invisible again on his very next action, and that he can do it as often as he wants?

Last edited:

MichaelH

First Post
Activating the ring is a standard action. He may activate the ring and take a move action in 1 round. He cannot both attack and activate the ring in the same round (at least not without some kind of magic help).

Last edited:

UltimaGabe

First Post
Yes, he can become Invisible whenever he wants. However, it takes a Standard Action to do so. So unless you're using the 3e Haste, there's no way for him to attack someone, and then turn back Invisible during the same turn. So pretty much anybody he attacks is going to get a chance to retaliate before he has a chance to become invisible.

TooCan

First Post
Thanks everyone. I'm the PC in question... ring came in handy last session when I was scouting out a group of 9 waiting in ambush... I noticed one of them had no weapons and apeared to be mumbling to himself and moving his hands around.

Shortly there after it was a group of 8 and my party was saved from certain disaster.

And then I disapeared again.

Sweet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads