Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Despite the best efforts of many of your servants, we made it." Haruka responds flatly. Her voice now appears to be a chorus of the various voices she's spoken with over the past day. Why don't you let your prisoners go, we'll give you your ring, and we can all be on our way?"

renau1g

First Post
"So you've brought my ring? Excellent, let me see it...then I shall entertain your request" the eladrin says, a hand outstretched expectantly.

Dunamin

First Post
At mention of the ring, Rhole looks dumbstruck and begins patting and searching the many pockets across his haphazard outlandish outfit (which have recently had a few wind dragon scales added to the mess of patches and tokens). When attention is drawn to him, he turns to casual idleness and whistles innocently.

"So you've brought my ring? Excellent, let me see it...then I shall entertain your request" the eladrin says, a hand outstretched expectantly.
“Rad to meet you, Mister Lordship, my name is Rhole. You'll have to forgive that my band and I have had some bad experiences with these sort of dealings. How about letting one of your "guests" over there go first, as a sign of good faith?”

Rhole uses Words of Friendship - Diplomacy 25

Meanwhile, Rock invisibly takes to the air and scouts the immediate vicinity for any entourage that may be accompanying Lord Arnamil, or other potential threats.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Rhole]
Inside the building there are a pair of elven archers, similar to the woman at the river. There are also an eladrin wearing robes and carrying an orb in the edge of the forest on the far side of the home. He is next to another elf, with twin blades at his hip and carrying the leash to an owlbear, the latter looks around anxiously.

The elven archers are watching you, but the others are focused away from the building.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni mutters to Rhole, trying not to speak loudly enough for Arnamil to hear, "Might as well give it to him. If he's acting in good faith, he'll let them go. If he's got trouble on his mind, then he'll start something no matter what we do."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ironheart glares at Lord Arnamil, and announces, "I have adopted this group as my grove. They have been harassed, ambushed, injured, and nearly killed by your minions! You know how long I stood at the edge of your territory, defending my ancient charge. Now I have a new charge, and I warn you, if you plan any treachery, I stand ready to defend them as well!" He subtly turns his axe so the sun reflects in a bright gleam off the edge of the blade.

[sblock=Actions]
Intimidate (1d20+7=17)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Insight 16]
Bluff (1d20=16)

Ironheart's threat, while sincere, seems more theatrical than factual.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Lord Arnamil looks at Ironheart with a mixture of pity and surprise. "I am glad to see you well, I was quite worried you'd been lost, but to see you in good health heartens me. I still cannot allow your charges to keep my ring, although you have my word that once returned to me, I will do my part to recompense those who have served me" the bralini replies, his voice taking a softer turn when he speaks to the fey creature.

[sblock=ooc]
Ok you're not really fey, but close enough ;) [/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"You can have your trinket back, for all I care. But I want to know, why all of this?" Haruka gestures at the prisoners. "If you knew we were confronting the Lady, why bother capturing this witless blacksmith? If you were capable of capturing him, why didn't you do it to start with, rather than sending your cronies to torment him? And how did you lose the damn thing in the first place? Seems like a lot of trouble for something that should have just stayed on your finger."

renau1g

First Post
"Why take them prisoner you ask? Well it's simple my young lady, collateral. As you said, you slew The Lady, one of my fellow High Fey, and a powerful member. I cannot expose myself to you, despite my need for your help. Why didn't I come to him straight away? The connection between our planes was not quite as strong then, but it's faltered recently allowing me this brief opportunity to come here, although by doing so I've left my realm at risk to another of the Fey Lords. As for the loss of the ring, that is something that has bothered me from the start, I cannot remember it not being on me. That is irrelevant though, so if you don't mind, I must be going and I'd hate for this to become...difficult." Lord Arnamil says, the air growing colder and the wind picking up as he speaks, hovering closer to you.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ironheart looks surprised that the fey lord recognizes him, and his crafty eyes soften. "Thank you, lord," he mutters, looking around in mild confusion. He takes a step closer to the prisoners, holding his axe at ready. "Who are these, and why are they imprisoned? Are they dangerous?"

Remove ads