• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

taran

First Post
Initiative 12
[sblock=ooc]I'd like to be one square south-east, on G9, next to Gord.

Also, God above, Heinrich. I was going complain about my failure to roll over 10, but...wow.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Initative: 18

[sblock=Lorik stat block]Lorik- Male Half-elf Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:5
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Footwork Lure, Reaping Strike, Passing Attack, Righteous Brand, Tempest Dance
Group Diplomacy: Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
Group Assault: Allies gain a +1 damage bonus to enemies marked by Lorik.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: before I forget again, a stat block

[sblock=Ikni]Ikniqpalagaq- Female Genasi Swordmage 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Powers
Booming Blade, Sword Burst, Aegis of Shielding,
Earthshock, Foesnare,
Frost Backlash
Resist 5 fire, cold, and thunder
+1 to saving throws

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Suddenly you all feel presences surrounding you. Hidden among the trees, three sneaky gnomes are approaching you. Luckily, all of you notice their presence.
However, a dagger seemingly coming out of nowhere pierces Derien's chest in the side.
To launch it, was a creepy small guy, about the size of a halfling, with a black, tattered mantle and a hood covering its face.
One of the gnomes shoots Galinndan with a crossbow, barely scratches him, then moves to take cover behind some trees.
[sblock=perception 24 and Ikni]Gnome 1 is in M17[/sblock]
Another moves from his spot, and targets Lorik with his crossbow, but the dart bounces off his shield.
The third gnome engages Heinrich in melee, and strikes him in the leg with a war pick for some serious damage.

[sblock=initiative and status, Round 1]
18-Gnome 1
18-Gnome 2
18-Gnome 3
18-Lorik HP:29/29 S:11/11 <----current initiative
16-Ikni HP:31/31 S:11/11
15-Haruka HP:30/30 S:10/10
12-Derien HP:15/26 S:9/9
10-Dark fey
5-Heinrich HP:14/24 S:7/7
4-Galinndan

It's not too dark yet. Lighting is considered bright. I'll consider Haruka to be delaying till you post, Twoheads: if you don't post before the end of the round, I'll npc her.

Surprise round: The whole group perceives the gnomes. The Dark fey hits Derien for 11 dmg.
Round 1:Gnome 1 inflicts 4 dmg to Galinndan. Gnome 2 misses Lorik.
Gnome 3 hits Heinrich for 10 dmg.[/sblock]

map.jpg

ooc: Damn, this post took so long! My connection went down while I was writing it... hope I didn't lose any pieces...

Last edited:

Joeluma

First Post
Heinrich

Heinrich bares his teeth in pain, glares into the eyes of his opponent, and runs. Past a bush. Knowing that the bush would obscure his opponent's view, he turns, hides. Waits.

And fires.

Mistaking a strangely textured bush for his opponent, he slays several branches. Suspicious, he holds a hand up to his face, and breathes. *Sniff* Nope... I'm not drunk.... Maybe someone drugged me? Shouldn't have left bed today. Ugh.

[sBlock]
Lets try this again...

Move Action : Move to B8 (provoking an OA from the micro murderer. I assume moving into a wooded square counts as difficult terrain, so 2 movement for the last step. If B8 doesn't give concealment, I have the movement to reach B9 instead.)

Free Action : Stealth Check to hide in concealment. Result : 15. A 4. Invis castle hates me, and I hate it.

Standard Action : Sly Flourish[sblock]Sly Flourish (At Will Standard Melee or Ranged weapon ✦ Martial, Weapon) Rogue Attack 1
Requirement: You must be wielding a crossbow, a light blade, or a sling.
Target: One creature
Attack: +7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8+4+2 damage melee or 1d12+4+2 damage ranged[/sblock] vs Gnome 3. I rolled a 10 (3+7) vs AC. Miserable dice.

Minor action : Rail against the dicegods. God I miss in-forum dice. And reload the C-Bow.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jbean

First Post
[sblock=Galinndan Stat Block]Galinndan- Male Eladrin Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:20/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +2, and grants nearby allies +2 to initiative
Powers: Opening Shove, Commander's Strike, Myrmidon Formation, Inspiring Wordx2, Fey Step, Lead the Attack
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=tactics]It would be good to get gnome 3 marked by a defender before Heinrich's turn, so that if the OA hits, at least we get something out of it. Ikni can do it, or Lorik. It might be better if Lorik does it, since Ikni can easily reach the Dark Fey this turn. I don't know what that is, but I'm always afraid of the this-one-is-not-like-the-others monster, and I'd like to get a defender on him quick. Ikni will follow Lorik's lead, since his turn is up first.

Other than that, it's all about concentrated fire. Take one down quick and the encounter gets a whole lot easier.
[/sblock]

taran

First Post
"Hsst! Where...?!"[sblock=Perception]Unless it's an action or something: Perception 16. So, no.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Derien Falk - Elf Cleric 1
Initiative +3 Passive perception 22 Passive Insight 19
AC 16 For 12 Ref 13 Will 16
HP 15/26 Bloodied 13 Surge value 7 Surges/day 9
Speed 7 squares Languages Common, Elven
AP 1 Second Wind not used
Longbow +5 (1d10+3)
Powers: Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame
Cause Fear
healing word x2
Elven Accuracy
Channel Divinity
Hunter's Quarry
Cascade of Light[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:taran, an active perception check is a minor action in this case. Joe, there are quite a few turn before yours, so this time I'll take your action, but generally the battle can change a lot in four-five turns so it's better not to post too far ahead...

Don Incognito

First Post
Without a word, Lorik springs into action, dashing toward the one of the smaller fey and swinging his longsword.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Move from D9 to E8, F7, F6, F5, F4.
Standard Action: Footwork Lure; 21 to hit, 5 damage. If that hits, slide me into E3 and the gnome into F4. Either way, he's marked.
Minor Action: None[/sblock]

[sblock=Lorik stat block]Lorik- Male Half-elf Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:5
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Powers
Footwork Lure, Reaping Strike, Passing Attack, Righteous Brand, Tempest Dance
Group Diplomacy: Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
Group Assault: Allies gain a +1 damage bonus to enemies marked by Lorik.

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads