• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni moves forward through the trees with a sudden grace. She looses a sharp, controlled cry and whips her blade in a blinding arc towards the small dark humanoid. On the recovery she sketches a glowing sigil in the air with her free hand, that seems to bind the creature to her.

[sblock=actions]move to L6
standard: booming blade vs dark fey, hits AC 25 for 11 damage. If that hits and he starts his turn next to me and moves away, he takes an extra 7 thunder damage.
minor: mark him with aegis of shielding
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Lorik rushes to help the bugbear, and hits squarely the gnome, moving him easily with an expert maneuver. Ikni reacts with equal quickness and puts her swordmagic to use on the dark fey, that, surprised, stays put in his place for fear of the genasi's magic and tries a weak attack with his tiny dagger, that the swordmage parries easily.
Heinrich retreats safely thanks to Lorik's intervention, and finds a couple more trees to take cover behind. Unfortunately, they also disturb his aim, and the dart from his crossbow only hits a trunk.
But it looks like there are more feys than it seemed. Ikni sees two more small figures springing up from behind the trees sideways from the dark fey he attacked, and flank her; Both hit, and inflict a painful wound to the warrior with their vicious knives. They are another kind of fey, small, ugly, and both wearing a crimson cap.
Another one comes out of the northernmost trees and jumps directly on Heinrich, making him bleed profusely with a vicious cut in the arm.
[sblock=perception 15]there's another red cap in B14[/sblock]

[sblock=initiative and status, Round 1]
18-Gnome 1
18-Gnome 2
18-Gnome 3 -5, marked by Lorik
18-Lorik HP:29/29 S:11/11
16-Ikni HP:21/31 S:11/11
10-Dark fey -11, marked by Ikni
5-Heinrich HP:9/24 S:7/7, bloodied (stealth 15)
4-Red cap 1
4-Red cap 2
4-Red cap 3
4-Galinndan HP:20/24 S:8/8 <----current initiative
DE-Haruka HP:30/30 S:10/10
DE-Derien HP:15/26 S:9/9

Alright, Haruka and Derien delay. Both Ikni's and Lorik's attacks hit. Then Heinrich takes the reviously posted action. Joe, you cannot move into squares with trees. Since your purpose was to gain cover (the trees don't give concealment, but cover) I moved Heinrich to A4, I hope that's alright. The first two red caps inflict 5 dmg each to Ikni. The third inflicts 5 damage to Heinrich. [/sblock]

map.jpg

taran

First Post
[sblock=initiative and status, Round 1]Alright, Haruka and Derien delay.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Er, I was waiting for Haruka. Should I not have? Anyway, when I can act I'd like to move to F7 and zap the Red Cap at I5 with a Lance of Faith:
18 vs. Reflex, 7 damage
If that hits, Ikni gets a +2 power bonus on her next attack against that Red Cap.
My minor action is lost to that awful perception check earlier, but it doesn't look like anyone needs healing yet so it should be ok.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Would it be too metagame-ish to observe that the redcaps are probably minions, given their identical damage even on a crit? I'm still trying to find the line in 4e...

taran

First Post
ooc: Would it be too metagame-ish to observe that the redcaps are probably minions, given their identical damage even on a crit? I'm still trying to find the line in 4e...
My thinking was, we could treat them as minions in-character once we'd seen how easily they fold up when hit. Until then, they're just more weird fey that we've never seen before. Though come to think of it, our DM might let us roll Arcana to identify them as "wimpy servants of more dangerous feywild beings", or what have you.

Jbean

First Post
Galinndan moves nimbly through the trees to help Lorik flank one of the gnomes, drawing his spear while barking orders for the half elf to hamstring the fey creature.

[sblock=actions]move to G5
standard: Commander's Strike to Lorik (+4 damage on a hit)
minor: Draw Tratnyr[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Derien shows his divine powers by blasting a red cap with a ray of light, that leaves the vicious fey lying on the ground dead.
Galinndan engages the pick-wielding gnome and creates an opening for Lorik, that slashes a wound open in the gnome's torso. Immediately after suffering the hit, the gnome disappears under the eye of his attackers.
Haruka takes cover behind a tree, and uses her powers against another of the gnomes, but she is only able to burn the trunk of the tree the fey is hiding behind.
Meanwhile, Derien is hit squarely by another crossbow dart. He can see the fey run into cover again, then he disappears behind the trees again. [sblock=pereption 29 and Haruka]gnome 1 is in P11[/sblock]
The gnome that Haruka targeted throws away his crossbow and runs towards the female warlock swinging a heavy pick at her, and inflicting a painful wound.
The gnome that seemingly turned invisible reappears only seconds later next to Ikni, but too late for the genasi to perceive him before she receives a terrible wound in the back from the point of his pic. The warrior mage falls to the ground, unconscious.

[sblock=initiative and status, Round 1-2]
18-Gnome 1
18-Gnome 2
18-Gnome 3 -13, marked by Lorik, invisible
18-Lorik HP:29/29 S:11/11 <--------------current initiative
16-Ikni HP:-4/31 S:11/11, Unconscious
10-Dark fey -11, marked by Ikni
5-Heinrich HP:9/24 S:7/7, bloodied (stealth 15)
4-Red cap 1 dead
4-Red cap 2
4-Red cap 3
DE-Derien HP:7/26 S:9/9, bloodied
4-Galinndan HP:20/24 S:8/8
DE-Haruka HP:30/30 S:10/10

Derien hits and kills the Red cap 1; Lorik makes a basic attack vs gnome 3 thanks to commander's strike, hits, and deals 8 dmg; Don, I rolled that for you for the sake of advancing the fight, I hoe you don't mind.
Haruka misses the gnome 2.
__Round 2__
Gnome 1 hits Derien for 8 dmg. Gnome 2 hits Haruka for 11. Gnome 3 CRITS on Ikni for 25 dmg(due to extra dmg on crits) WHOA, Am I rolling damn high for these things or not? o_O Sorry guys...[/sblock]

map.jpg

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Seeing the genasi fall, Lorik rolls his eyes.

"This is what we get for bringing in amateurs. Do I have to do everything by myself?"

He dashes over to his fallen comrade, slicing the gnome who felled his comrade once more with his sword. Using the momentum from the swing, he continues his movement, trying to strike at the dark fey creature.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: From E3 to F3, G3, H3, I4, and finally L5.
Minor Action: Nothing
Standard Action: Passing Attack on Gnome 3. 24 to hit, 5 damage.
If that hits (and it probably will), shift to M5 and secondary attack on the Dark Fey. 23 to hit, 8 damage.

Re-mark the gnome, overwrite Ikni's aegis to mark the dark fey (it won't do her much good when she's unconscious).[/sblock]
[sblock=Lorik stat block]Lorik- Male Half-elf Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:5
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Footwork Lure, Reaping Strike, Passing Attack, Righteous Brand, Tempest Dance
Group Diplomacy: Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
Group Assault: Allies gain a +1 damage bonus to enemies marked by Lorik.

[/sblock]

Remove ads