• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RIP - Eric's Grandma

jollyninja

First Post
EricNoah said:
Oddly, that's not true. I lived in the same town as her for a few years of my life, and it was during that time that I was introduced to D&D. Though she was a pretty religious person, she didn't seem to have too much of a problem with the idea of it. And I do vaguely recall trying to have her play for a bit. The only thing I remember is she kept pronouncing the word ogre as ... orgy. :eek:

You were blessed with a truly awesome grandma, a memory like that is priceless. My condolences.

Ranes

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
I think it's a wonderful thing that she was able to be a part of your life for so long. Thank you for kind of making her a part of ours, as well.

Hear, hear!

Eric, to you and your family, my condolences.

Artoomis

First Post
Your grandma is gone, but she will be remembered. "Don't say anything which would offend Eric's grandma" will live on and on - here and elsewhere.

Dr. Harry

First Post
Eric,

This is such a friendly, civilized board that I think that many of us feel some connection to each other. It seems moreso when I look at people who are reasonable enighbors in real space, as well as cyberspace. Please accept my condolences on the death of your grandmother.

Every time I check my posts to make sure that I'm doing my best to live up to this high level of decency, my mind goes to your grandmother, especially after the instance of the cards from EN World a while back. She is thought of numberless times each day by the people of ENWorld as a positive community force.

There are a lot of canonized saints who don't inspire people as much.

I hope it is alright if I pray that she continues to act as the patron saint of these boards.

Harry

Remove ads