Rise of Skywalker - Bold Predictions Thread

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
You could, but the Jedi Council didn't say that. They didn't even know the Sith still existed. Which bit are you referring to?
The Jedi knew there was an imbalance and that it indicated the existence of a Sith Lord. In this scene, for example, Anakin and Mace Windu discuss that they had feared the presence of and been searching for a Sith Lord.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Jedi knew there was an imbalance and that it indicated the existence of a Sith Lord. In this scene, for example, Anakin and Mace Windu discuss that they had feared the presence of and been searching for a Sith Lord.
That scene does not mention Anakin bringing balance to the Force.

I did a quick search on all three prequel scripts for references to the word “balance” (there are very few). I haven’t been able to find any reference to the Jedi Council saying that correcting the imbalance meant Anakin killing the Emperor.

Hriston

That scene does not mention Anakin bringing balance to the Force.
He’s the Chosen One! Of course he’s supposed to bring balance to the Force!

I did a quick search on all three prequel scripts for references to the word “balance” (there are very few). I haven’t been able to find any reference to the Jedi Council saying that correcting the imbalance meant Anakin killing the Emperor.
In this scene, Obi Wan and Master Windu confirm that it’s their understanding of the prophecy that the Chosen One is supposed to destroy the Sith and [thereby] bring balance to the Force.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
He’s the Chosen One! Of course he’s supposed to bring balance to the Force!

In this scene, Obi Wan and Master Windu confirm that it’s their understanding of the prophecy that the Chosen One is supposed to destroy the Sith and [thereby] bring balance to the Force.
Ah, cool. That’s the closest I can find to such a reference. You side with Obi Wan rather than Yoda, then? I take that scene as making it clear that the Jedi haven’t the foggiest idea what it’s supposed to mean.

GreyLord

Legend
Well, I'm going to be seeing it VERY soon it seems. Maybe before many others. If I come in after the premier and post a prediction...is that a prediction or a spoiler?

Just kidding. I'm going to watch it and then go off on vacation for Christmas so won't be saying anything.

Hriston

Ah, cool. That’s the closest I can find to such a reference. You side with Obi Wan rather than Yoda, then? I take that scene as making it clear that the Jedi haven’t the foggiest idea what it’s supposed to mean.
Yoda expresses uncertainty about the interpretation, but everyone watching the movie should have already seen Episode VI and knows that it’s correct.

Remove ads