Rise of the Necromancer IC

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaleban staggers up to the table with all the appearances of a man who has drank too much. He pulls up a chair and sits down heavily. "Come, Jhad: Tell us what you know of our target, and we shall discuss how best to proceed."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lola waves to a waitress, then slides into a seat at the table.

"Pleasure, Jhad. Sorry to disappoint, being a human and all..." She quirked a grin, "You'll just have to deal."

"Now, my friend Kaleban asked a question I think we're all dying to hear the answer to. When you're ready, of course."

eayres33

Explorer
Jhad laughed at Boros’ joke and then returns Lola’s grin, “Hey, all we non-humans no how to do is deal. We are living in a human country so you do what you have to do.”

Coughing slightly Jhad continued, “My Lord Severus has just talked a big game about making the new world one full of equal opportunity for all so it’s nice to see him practicing some of what he has preached.”

Jhad looked over to Kaleban, “Now, Kaleban is it? You want to know about Reign Tomas, well the first thing I’ll tell you is if you are looking to kill him it won’t be easy, and you definitely won’t happen at the Verity Temple, or any of their compounds.”

“You may be able to lure him out for another reason, but he will likely have some guards with him. I know you must be talented if Lord Severus has pointed you my way, but Reign himself maybe more than a match for all of you. You could always hire more help, but that would mean less money for you.”

“What I can tell you about Reign could take all day, he’s a fiercely proud man, and usually sticks to the morals he preaches, but to cut to the trait, what do you want to know about him, his weaknesses in combat, his vices, his duty schedule, the layout of the Verity Temple if your that crazy, what do you want to know?”

A young human waitress walks up to the table and looks at Lola, "What can I get for you tonight, that goes for the lady and the rest of the table?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaleban's face swells and reddens, and then relaxes, "Just water for me, thank you."

He then coughs loudly, scrunching up his eyes, and answers Jhad "Vices. Start with vices"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Boros asks the waitress "I've had a lot of heavy food. Something lighter might be nice?"

Looking to the conversation, "Vices and weaknesses sounds most applicable."

eayres33

Explorer
“Ale” Jhad said shortly to the waitress. “If you were to look at Reign today and study him for a year, you may say he has no vices but if you knew the man ten years ago, well, he had a few then, that well you can never really put to bed.”

“First he has a serious drinking problem, I don’t think he has touched a drop in years but one drink may send him back down into the gutters. Now bringing up his past will do no good the Order if aware of it and they know he is reformed, but if he fell again. Don’t know how they will take that.”

Looking at the whole group for a moment, Jhad continued, “When he drank, he also had a problem with women. Well I wouldn’t call it a problem but the Order would. When he drinks he likes women, he likes talking to women, and well let’s just say he says more than he should.”

Rolling his neck, Jhad finished off the rest of his drink, “As for weaknesses well to be honest the man is just to dang nice. You put some kids in danger, perhaps set fire to a boarding house and he’ll be there if he knows about it. He’d be there with a bucket in his hand to help the fire brigade. Could leave him exposed. Hurting the sick or elderly will probably draw him out. He can’t stop himself he has to help.”

Jhad chuckled softly, “You know he used to be a really fun guy back in the day, before he got involved in all this Verity do-gooder crap.”

Lothoc leaned back for a moment to collecte his thoughts.
Well, I doubt it would be as easy as having Lola here slide him a drink in good faith." he said with a chuckle as Vex camera running back with a tankerd of Ale.
"drawing him out seems the easiest part, but should we be seen that would put a big target on our backs."

He takes a drink from his tankard and leans back forward
"Is there any sort Event soon where we might try to slip him a few 'refreshing' beverages? One where us... 'non-humans' could join in?"

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"I'll take a bourbon," Lola responded to the waitress with a smile. She waited until the waitress had all their orders before continuing.

"It seems obvious," she said, as she tapped her lips, "We need to make him come to me."

Looking at the curious faces around her she went on. "If he likes to do good, let him do good. If something terrible were to befall me, and he just had to step in and save some poor, defenseless creature..."

She raised an eyebrow. "It'd work even better if we could find someone to help him have a premonition of the girl of his dreams... "

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Yes, we need to come up with a scenario where he can rescue her..." Kaleb thinks for a moment. "We could burn down an orphanage full of children. She replaces the matron. The screams will be glorious!"

Lothoc raises a brow, "Yes...
Glorieus... Though we might not have to be that drasticly."
he makes a quick look around the Tavern. "It seems is 'Non-humans'" motioning between Djahakar and himself. "are... How do I say this... Distrusted perhaps. If we where to Treathen Lola whilest het is nearby he should swiftly come to her Aid. Am I correct?"

Remove ads