[Risus] An Adventurer's Life for Me! IC

Mlwells

First Post
Aka's eyes widen as the description of Meckwick is relayed to the two adventurers. His face moves from boredom to a childish glee like that of a boy meeting a superhero. He extends two large thumbs up signs to Gordon, "Good man!"

"So! What kind of dungeon does he want? We got the testing kind, the heinous murder kind, the captive kind, the treasurey kind, the tutorial type, the party type, the hiding kind, the mischevious kind, the mystery kind, the mind screw type, the flying ones, the sinking ones, the religulous-y ones, the timed ones, the sneaky-sneakies," he takes in a deep breath, "You get the idea."

mazzoli

First Post
Marcus claps Gordon on the shoulder and commiserates, "I know all too well how lady troubles can get the best of a man. If I ever get the chance I must chat with him about these 'distasteful liberties' and compare which of them are to our tastes."

He turns to Aka, "My friend, I believe we should head to see this Rozzo and inquire into items for the dungeon."

Marcus gives Gordon a nod and makes for the door, opening it slowly and quietly, on the lookout for any of the Gatekeeper's disgruntled patrons.

Mlwells

First Post
Aka places a hand on his companion's shoulder, "Marcus, I believe we have much to discuss on our trip to the store. There was this one duchess...."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Aka and Marcus cautiously leave Coruvon proper, heading down the slope to the east and then northward to the Hole. The shanties outside the walls present a ramshackle vista, but one riotous with color as the locals love to paint their hovels with whatever hues they can buy, beg, borrow, or steal. Tough women tend to their meager homes while ragtag gangs of children chase each other, chickens, and mongrels. Most of the men are out on the river fishing or else in town peddling and begging.

The Hole is aptly named. It looks like an impossibly large fist slammed into the earth ages ago, throwing up rocks and dirt in a ragged ring around a bubbling lake of silt and gray-green scum. Few buildings have been erected near the Hole. Rozzo's stands higher up on the slope near a groghouse whose sign depicts a grinning, hanged man under the words "No Hope Bar & Grille".

Rozzo's itself is a sturdy enough structure built of roughly mortared rocks up to a height of about eight feet before the walls become wood. The peaked roof is tiled with a motley collection of detritus. The single door is recessed into the rock wall and reinforced with iron bands. A heavy bell hangs near the jamb.

mazzoli

First Post
Flush with his heady line of credit Marcus throws open the door and, with his natural sense of dramatic flair, shouts, "Honey, I'm home!"

He proceeds to walk up to the counter while examining the contents of the "Shoppe".

Mlwells

First Post
Waiting to make his move, Aka mosies around the shop, looking at the wares, trying to get an idea of what he can and cannot work with. As well as how he can get a bulk discount or any special merchandise.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
It doesn't take Marcus and Aka long to figure out that Rozzo's is no ordinary shoppe. The antechamber has a few shelves with fewer items on display, none of them looking to be particularly useful for dungeon defense. There is another door in the center of the back wall, as well as a wooden sign hanging from the ceiling in the corner. This is painted on the sign:

Bonk...200 gc
Coin Golem...220 gc
Creeping Ooze...180 gc
Dark Cultist...40 gc each
Dragon-Bone Merc...40 gc each
Garumble...180 gc
Slobolins...20 gc each
Termite Trap...200 gc

As the pair of adventurers look at the scene, the other door opens and a short, fat man in a purple cloak and turban waddles in.

"Gentlemen!" he says, slapping his pudgy hands together. "Welcome to my shoppe!"

mazzoli

First Post
Marcus examines the sign for a moment before addressing Aka, "Well, I do believe no self-respecting dungeon can go without an ooze, a trap or two, and some cultists. What else do you think it might need?"

He then turns toward the proprietor and asks, "Now I have a couple of questions for you. What exactly is a Bonk? Also, are these cultists and mercenaries going to be chattel, or are they on a contract basis? Is this a one time fee for them or will it be recurring? Do they expect benefits such as health and dental? What about living accommodations?"

[sblock=OOC]Welcome back from your trip.[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Rozzo grins, slapping his pudgy hands together again. "Ah! A discerning customer! Bonk is a gently used stone golem. Loyal, tidy, and quite strong. The dark cultists and mercs hire on month-to-month. They are contract employees who cover their own health and dental out of their salaries. They live, of course, in whatever they're being paid to defend."

Mlwells

First Post
"Whoa whoa whoa, now." Aka pats the air with his hands to calm everyone down. "Let us not get ahead of ourselves. First off, I am noticing a distinct lack of testing gear in this place. That aside, Marcus, I think we need to adjourn to the side for a moment and decide what kind of dungeon we want and what troooooooope-aaaaaaah-initiatives we want to take with it." He flutters a hand away at the list. "These toys are nice, but lack finesse, and ingenuity, and cost silly amounts. You have to keep your eyes on the prize, ie. harems. To get said prize we have to -ah- aparate certain clever individuals that are, you know, highly trained."

Remove ads